Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZAFH15A
    • Jul 2010

modis communication

I have a 2000 buick lesabre with the power windows inop from left front switch/ mirrors inop / power door locks inop (from left front control) / power seat inop. (has memory seats)

I think I have everything needed to the ddm, and have power and ground to the door switch. I also have serial data on the data line at the ddm and power seat module as observed on the o scope. I have compared these signals to the data line at the dlc on the 4 trace they are identical. but I cannot get the modis to give me any module info from any module other than the ebcm /airbag/tpm/pcm.

my question is if the modis should be givening me info on the other modules, including the ddm. snap on web site says "body control coverage for 2000 gm"

their are no codes in any of the reporting modules. I am not familer with this system and dont like selling the wrong parts. can anyboy help ??????? please (3 days into this nightmare)
  • crackerclicker
    • May 2008

does the ddm count as body control coverage?

Comment

• ZAFH15A
      • Jul 2010

question

I think that is the question in a nut shell

Comment

• crackerclicker
        • May 2008

Originally posted by ZAFH15A
        I think that is the question in a nut shell
        lol! sorry, that's what i meant.

Comment

• greasybob
          • May 2008

I just punched in a 2000 Biuck Lesabre to my Verus (10.2) and believe it or not the driver door module is listed in the menu. Don't have a Lesabre here so I'm not sure what the data stream has on it. Also noticed that BCM is not listed, although climate control is listed. I'll look at the schematic and see if there anything that looks like it could be the problem.

Comment

• greasybob
            • May 2008

There is no BCM, just a bunch of smaller modules. First check for power on all the orange wires at the driver door module, next check for any shorts or opens on the tan/white wire at the module, this is the serial bus between the different modules, drivers door module, passenger door module, rear door modules and the memery modules. It's called the SBI or simple bus interface, that probably the problem, check for corrosion on this wire at the bottom of the A pillars under the carpet, there are a few critical junctions. If this wire is open or shorted to ground the modules can't communicate.

Comment

• ZAFH15A
              • Jul 2010

resolved

thanks for the input. problem resolved.

I am not overly happy with the scanners abilitys.

modis works ok as a 4 trace capture scope. but the scanner seems to be very hit and miss and no way to tell what you get before you try. the listing of its abilitys is stated in their propaganda very broadly, but in practical use it seems much narrower.

with the problem resolved I still was only able to communicate with a very few of the modules on the bus, and never got a u-code even when unplugging several of the other modules.

lesson learned its not a factory tool.

special thanks to greasybob I had already done what you had stated be for asking on the forum, but your answer showed that you had done a little research and I very much appreciate the effort.

Comment

Working...