Trailblazer/Envoy programming troubles continue

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

If you double click on the AVG icon in the lower right of the screen the AVG page will open, then click on the anti virus icon on that page, then click on the enable resident shield check (it should go out), then click on save changes. That should disable it, to enable it again just click on the empty resident shield box and click on save changes again. I have to get out of this computer advice business before I get in way over my head.

Comment

• hefaus
      • Dec 2007

Avg

Thanks gentz. I was going to say that but seems I went way to far into reading this one. Must remember kiss..lol

Comment

• Trindaddy
        • Jan 2010

avg

Thanks greaseman. It appears you are correct about that, however that is hardly turning off the security program as a whole. I have only found this under tools, advanced settings, temporarily disable AVG protection. Again, i have never needed to adjust this for any programming.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
          • Apr 2011

I'm going to butt in and say that I had to do this to install FMP75. So now, I disable AVG all the time just to make sure something like this never happens. I have to admit that this was the first time it ever happen and I'm now very careful about it. Just wanted to throw in my experience. Flashing is the best, you have to think of everything and anything can affect everything.... get it? Cause I don't. Well, good luck to anyone flashing!!! Regards, Chavez.

Comment

• Spotnoid42
            • Apr 2011

Antivirus software

Antivirus software and firewalls should be disabled when flashing, as well as your screen saver should be turned off and sleep mode disabled. I have found it easiest to change the screen saver and sleep mode settings to off whenever I have my laptop connected to a power source, which is any time I am flashing a computer.

Comment

• ashabanov
              • Oct 2012

Errors E4491 and E4423

I purchase ACDELCO #12592124 Engine Control Module (ECM Computer) for 2005 CADILLAC CTS 3.6L V6 DOHC.

When try to programm it I have following errors:

1) E4491: Reprogramming error! Check all connections and reset programming interface!
              2) E4423: Unknown reprogramming error

Please HELP ME
              If you want to donate me, ask how!

Comment

• Bob's Garage
                • Nov 2007

Hello Ashabanov

What are you using as an interface for your reflashing? PTP2? Tech2? MDI? of another?

Do you have the TIS to WEB subscription?

Are you flashing the new PCM in the car or offboard?

Sorry, I am late on this but, did you turn the key off?

If you turned the key off, the PCM will not recover. maybe A C Delco will warranty that PCM if you word it correctly.

GM has the highest reflash failure rate in the industry. I hear of many cases. In a conversation with AC Delco E-Help, the agent told me that he takes at least 15 calls a day on the exact same issue, he said this issue keeps 5 agents busy each day. He had no explanation. I believe GM has an issue that if they admitted to, they would have to pay out big money, so they just deny knowing the cause of failure.

I have lost 2 GM PCMs during reflashes with no explanation of why. A 1996 Roadmaster which I "ate", and a 2005 Uplander of which I warned the customer if it failed they would "eat it", and they did. I have flashed only 350 or so GM products with great success.

I have never had any issues reflashing Fords.

Bob

Comment

• ashabanov
                  • Oct 2012

What are you using as an interface for your reflashing? PTP2? Tech2? MDI? of another? - Tech2 and MDI

Do you have the TIS to WEB subscription? - Yes

Are you flashing the new PCM in the car or offboard? - in car

Sorry, I am late on this but, did you turn the key off? - Ingiton on engine off

Comment

• gmworldclass
                    • Oct 2010

#PI0592A Service Programming Systm Errors

E4491/E4423 – Programming Failed
                    Cause:
                    These errors are the result of an incompatibility between the software/calibrations and the module. If encountered on a service module, confirm the correct part number is being used and confirm programming is possible by attempting to program the original module.

Resolution:

This type of issue cannot typically be resolved without assistance from TCSC. Be sure to have the original and service module part numbers and error detail when contacting TCSC.

This can be confirmed by attempting to program the original module. Typically these errors cannot be resolved without the assistance of TCSC. Do not replace the module. Contact TCSC and be sure to have the original module part number and the service part number when calling.

Comment

• ashabanov
                      • Oct 2012

Errors E4491 and E4423

I find solution and extremely disappointed in GM and ACDELCO customers support. The problem turned primitive.

Solution:
                      Before you begin, make sure that you PC have following requirements:
                      1) Turned off antivirus
                      2) Turned of Firewall
                      3) And last and most important! Check the latest version of Java on www.Java.com

I have Java 6 Update 21. After update to version 7 update 9 ECM was successfully programmed.

Comment

• leosautoinc
                        • Jan 2014

Orevin !!!

Orevin that is a great tip!! Hands down saved me a lot of time and pulling my hair out. I first i really thought i fried the pcm when it stooped programming and wouldn't start. What a relief but a very very good tip!!! Thanks for saving my *** lol

Comment

Working...