Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diesel71
    • Feb 2008

passthrew pro and tipm

has anyone here programed a dodge tipm module with a ptp ? Chrysler has announced there new wda subscription fee @ $1445 a year and ending support for anyone using the starmobile with witech. a new micropod2 is another $1900 bucks.
  • longhungsilver
    • Oct 2013

Sadly that subscription fee doesn't come with programming. You will need a 1800 yearly pass or a 3 day pass.

As far as your tipm question I've never had to program a new dodge tipm. Usually plug and play. What year and make dodge? Also I know on pre can dodge vehicles j2534 is only for power train modules. Not sure about can bus.

Comment

• diesel71
      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by longhungsilver
      Sadly that subscription fee doesn't come with programming. You will need a 1800 yearly pass or a 3 day pass.

As far as your tipm question I've never had to program a new dodge tipm. Usually plug and play. What year and make dodge? Also I know on pre can dodge vehicles j2534 is only for power train modules. Not sure about can bus.
      i have the witech now and use the starmobile with it. the $1445 is the update fee for the new witech software that only works with the micropod/micropod2. the micropod is another $1900 and then i would need the yearly or 3 day pass ontop of that. the starmobile device/passthrew device is no longer supported and has communication issue when used with the new witech update. in the last year i replaced 18 tipm modules and only a few ecm"s in the dodge diesels.
      the 2008 and up dodge diesel tipm modules need to be programed, if i remember right after the 6th month of 2007 build date the tipm modules need to have engine options vin/skim numbers programed. thats realy the only thing iv used the witech for,if a passthrew pro will program a tipm module and transfer the vin and skim i believe that would be a better investment over the update and micropod cost. thanks for the reply

Comment

• longhungsilver
        • Oct 2013

Ya the micropod and subscription is very pricy now. I have it and it hurts.

I'm curious as well if someone has an answer to this question.

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

Screw that! Too much $ What happened to our right to repair ? Should be $50 for a 24 hr sub and be able to do with a generic Maxi pad Flasher , why would you want to bother ? If the customer don't want it to go to dealer for a new one, maybe I would try to have the old TIPM fixed.

Last edited by Witsend; 06-02-2016, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
            • Apr 2011

I posted my experience with a used eBay micropod. Also, I reached out to AETools and was told about the subscriptions. the tool itself and the 2 subscriptions depending on what u need. Have a good day!

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

Might not have a nest egg , but got some beer money

Even a sparrow has a enough intelligence to go "Cheap" "Cheap" with his bill.

Comment

• Ruston11
                • Feb 2015

i agree with longhung. INstall turn key on for 30 seconds. Key off and back on and all is good.

Comment

Working...