Clear All
  • bestdamgarage
    • Apr 2016

trail blazer cluster

can i change the mileage on a used cluster with my pass through pro 3
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Sure you can ,but the amount the mileage that will change depends on the amount of miles and time you can drive that GM before something else goes wrong and the size of the state you wish to attempt to pass through before the next CEL or repair a GM will need before you can get er back on the road again to get that odometer mileage much higher.

Comment

• greasybob
      • May 2008

I have never seen an option to change the mileage on an existing cluster/odometer. Only to program the mileage into a new one.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
        • Apr 2011

Only chinese clones or original european tools that change mileage. Most older cars you have to read the eeprom and then write the new mileage you want. First, it's illegal unless you're putting the correct mileage and even then it's tampering with mileage which is illegal anyways. Those are the only options you have if you want to change the mileage of an old GM car. Good Luck!

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

Would imagine if you already have a used salvage yard one and you got a programmable module installation option on an older Port Freight 08 or Maxi Cyst you could give that a try if the information can be read and transferred to the other one.Hey, Nothing ventured, nothing Pained.

Comment

• SpartanAutoworx
            • Aug 2016

Unfortunately GM has made it that only New Clusters can be programmed via SPS. The ones in Trail Blazers and GM Trucks have a very similar logic structure and with the correct chip reader you can pull the hex off the chip. Easiest way is copy from one to another.

Comment

Working...