What test or features would you like to see added to you Snap On Diagnostic tools

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jm43130
    • Apr 2008

https://www.snapon.com/diagnostics/us/18.2 This is a link to 18.2 software in Snapon Diagnostics. Right side of page select " vehicle coverage guide". Just go ahead and hit download button, save it. You don't need to join Box to get it. It will be saved in downloads folder. From there you can add a shortcut to it remember 18.4 is ready to come out, and you'll have to do this again.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
      • Jan 2011

2016 RAM 2500 Diesel Stationary Desoot Needs more info from SnapOn

Verus Edge 18.2 software.

I Had my first Diesel with that would not regen the other day. I went to perform a stationary desoot and attempted to run the test.

No go... WTF???

Its 93* out side and the truck came in warm. It has 3/4 tank of fuel and DEF is above the 1/4 mark. Steering wheel is straight, parking brake is on, followed all the Jargon on the screen when you go into the test. What gives???

I tried a few times and it would not run, comes back with an invalid response.

There is no info on the snap on side other than refer to the chrysler specification when you first go through screens. Thanks....

As a last ditch effort I go through the menus on the screen in the center of the Cluster. Find the Coolant temp. 167 at idle... OK, well it's probally not Hot enough. Bring the RPM up and the temp climbs up to nearly 200. Let off the pedal to idle RPM.

Now try and run the test. Boom it starts the test...

I have no idea what its doing but it runs the test now. When it's done, It says the test is suspended? What does that mean? Did it pass, is there an issue? Am I supposed to do something else?

So I run the Catalyst Efficiency test. Sounds like its running real similar to the desoot in the way its runs the engine. When that is done. It at least says test completed successfully. Ok, Now I know It's at least ok and there are no issues.

I would like to make a suggestion. How about putting the coolant temp on the Test Page? Sure could save alot of time...
      And on the Desoot test at least let me know if it passed.

Comment

• GypsyR
        • Jul 2017

When the vehicle is ID'd by the VIN number some good info pops up with it. What engine, 2wd or 4wd, and such. Handy for the initial check in. It would be nice if the transmission were ID'd too. It would save having to go to that (awful) app by Transtec/Corteco to figure which transmission this particular vehicle uses. Transtar has VIN decoder on their website which works fairly well though there are notably large gaps in coverage. We may assume that some OEM's just don't have transmission identifiers in the VIN too. But being able to tell most of the time what transmission we are looking at while we check the codes would sure be nice.

Also as a transmission focused shop we are VERY interested in Chrysler CVI's when the vehicle is being checked in. The older vehicles have these listed very conveniently in their own data list. With the newer vehicles (today a 2015 Town and Country), the CVI's are mixed and scattered throughout the rest of the transmission data. Findable but a lot slower and less convenient.
        If we are relying on the OEM module to separate this data for us versus the scanner doing it, well I guess it is what it is then.

Comment

• Wheel
          • Jul 2007

Offer the motorcycle software as an option for Verus and Zeus owners.
          A definite incentive for some to buy these, therefore a win - win situation.
          You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• greasybob
            • May 2008

4X4 and AWD modules for all Nissan and Infinity models should be high on the priority list. As far as I can see there is no or very limited coverage for these modules on Titans or Frontiers or AWD modules for the SUVs or Infinity cars

Comment

• BRIAN617
              • Dec 2016

Originally posted by greasybob
              4X4 and AWD modules for all Nissan and Infinity models should be high on the priority list. As far as I can see there is no or very limited coverage for these modules on Titans or Frontiers or AWD modules for the SUVs or Infinity cars
              Add Toyota to that list too. Zero support for Tundras even as late as 2013 that I have worked on. However there maybe be a caveat to that, as even the diagnostic procedures are very lacking as well. Possible even the factory tool wont get into the 4x4 module.

Comment

• freddyford
                • Apr 2008

Pids

I would like pids that out of specs come up in red ink.

Comment

• greasybob
                  • May 2008

It's 2019 and with 19.2 software there still is no functional test for checking reductant injector pattern or quantity (volume) flow on Ford 6.7 Power Strokes.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• greasybob
                    • May 2008

So sad !! I just installed 19.4 and there is still no function to enter the learn mode for the distance sensing cruise control module on a 2015 Suburban
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Steve6911
                      • Feb 2007

Bob
                      I will forward this to the internal forums. Can you PLEASE give me the complete VIN#?
                      THANK YOU for your post!

Steve

Comment

• greasybob
                        • May 2008

PM sent

thanks

Comment

• greasybob
                          • May 2008

Nissan Is So Slow

About scanning Nissans. With the newer models by the time you do a vehicle identification, a systems call, and scan for all codes the vehicle has probably gone into battery saver mode and shut down before the process is complete. Since the battery saver mode seems to be a timed event it occurs even with a battery maintainer hooked up. Any way to speed up the scanning process in future updates. Is the slowness a scanner thing or vehicle thing ?

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                            • Jan 2011

Interesting find. I have not really worked on any newer nissans myself.

Comment

• greasybob
                              • May 2008

2016 Nissan Titan with 5.0 Cummins. There is a function for the Rotary Turbine Control Valve Hysteresis test. How ever I do not see a function for the Rotary Turbine Control Valve Actuator Calibration. This step is necessary to complete the diagnostic for P226C and to complete the installation of a replacement turbo or turbo actuator.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• greasybob
                                • May 2008

2016 Hyundai Sonata with a 2.4. After replacing the E-CVVT assembly a relearn must be performed to reset the E-CVVT values. Currently I could not find the procedure in the SNAP On software 22.4. My other brand scanner did have this function.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...