MDI for Saturn relearn, what subscription?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • iblackford
    • Aug 2015

Is that what needs to happen for the pcm relearn? It was my understanding that the tech2 just starts the relearn process, similar to how most GM's and saturns can start the relearn process by 3x10min koeo cycles.

Comment

• greasybob
      • May 2008

maybe this will help
      Attached Files

Comment

• Glide
        • Jan 2015

When you program a GM PCM it uses the VIN. You can't pick and choose what options you want.

Edit- just to clarify,the configuration of GM vehicles can not be changed from the original configuration as denoted by the VIN unless a VCI number can be obtained from GM(not from a dealer).For example daytime running lights cannot be turned off without a VCI number.It is very unlikely that anyone could get a VCI number to change an automatic trans equipped vehicle to a manual transmission...
        Last edited by Glide; 08-23-2015, 08:16 PM.

Comment

• badcoupe
          • Jan 2011

you would be best off to program with a manual trans VIN number to all affected modules.

Comment

• iblackford
            • Aug 2015

Unfortunately changing the vin number would mean that don't pass emissions, the VIN needs to match what I have registered.

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

Go to the test center office .Show them the the VIN #is of a used pcm that you installed from the same model and year car as your VIN, but since it now has a manual transmission, you had to have spent X amount of dollars after replacing the transmission to procure the proper pcm so the car CEL does not come on, and request a Waiver
              I just noticed that you reside in Ontario ,not in the lower 48 where you can sometimes get often get a waiver if they feel you had all the recommended repairs done to remedy the CEL
              Last edited by Witsend; 08-24-2015, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                • Jan 2011

I believe you can go back with certain tools and change the Vin after the programing so it will match the cars vin number.

I believe the Cardaq Plus will do that.
                This is needed because of used PCM/ECU so that you can reprogram them properly. Normally you would change the Vin and reprogram accordingly but You should be able to do it in reverse.

I have another tool that specifically works on GM. It has the capability to re write the Vin to the PCM/ECU. But I am not sure if it would work on Saturn's since they powertrains are not usually GM specific.

If it is one of these models:
                00-02 Saturn L with a 4cyl 2.2 With P08 PCM/ECU
                02-04 Saturn L with a 4cyl 2.2 With P11 PCM/ECU

The other tool I have may work.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                  • Apr 2011

I have a PTP2 and when I program PCM's or do the anti-theft relearn, the program will ask u a few questions about the car. model, etc. At one point it will show u the VIN in the PCM. If the VIN is not grayed out, u can change the VIN and do the anti-theft relearn. As far as going from auto to stick tranny, I would go to the option and see if it lets u switch. I would get a PCM that matches the car but comes from a car that has a standard trans. Then see if the VIN can be changed along with the anti-theft relearn. The subscription is $60 for 3 days. Again, this is with a PTP2 or a J2435 device. Not sure if the clone will be the same, but before u start it, it will ask u what tool ur using. For the PTP u have to install the drivers before u do any of this, so the SPS will recognize the PTP2 and show it in available tool options. Just my 2 Cents.

Comment

• iblackford
                    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by ToltecasChavez
                    I have a PTP2 and when I program PCM's or do the anti-theft relearn, the program will ask u a few questions about the car. model, etc. At one point it will show u the VIN in the PCM. If the VIN is not grayed out, u can change the VIN and do the anti-theft relearn. As far as going from auto to stick tranny, I would go to the option and see if it lets u switch. I would get a PCM that matches the car but comes from a car that has a standard trans. Then see if the VIN can be changed along with the anti-theft relearn. The subscription is $60 for 3 days. Again, this is with a PTP2 or a J2435 device. Not sure if the clone will be the same, but before u start it, it will ask u what tool ur using. For the PTP u have to install the drivers before u do any of this, so the SPS will recognize the PTP2 and show it in available tool options. Just my 2 Cents.
                    This is exactly what I want to do! I can either use a manual PCM or my old auto PCM. What is the $60 subscription that you are referring to? SPS? What about Tech2win? do I need that also?

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                      • Apr 2011

This is the website where u get the subscriptions from. You have to register before doing anything. Now the Tech2Win will let u emulate a GM Tech 2. The Tech 2 lets u do diagnostics and enable certain options that the SPS(Programming software for GM cars) Won't let u do. The SPS is for programming modules. From my understanding the Tech 2 can enable certain options, while SPS just updates or programs any module that it lists. Tech2Win is the same price I believe for 3 days. So to be sure, u should buy both. One will say Tech2Win and the other says Software programming or something similar. You have to chose the short term one which will get taxed on and be about $60. Then u install the required drivers which SPS will show u. Just install the ones u need. The Tech 2 one and whatever it shows for your clone. Again, since it's a clone, not sure if the program verifies to make sure it's original or not. Then after all this, u can connect to the car and see the options. Make sure u have everything in hand bc again, this only lasts 3 days if u choose to purchase the short term subscriptions. Which will be over $100 for both.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                        • Apr 2011

Warning****

The Clone might need to be verified by GM first AFTER u purchase the program. If it fails, u will have wasted $60. Since I suggest u buy one at a time. SO BE AWARE OF THIS.

Comment

• Glide
                          • Jan 2015

Why waste any money? Just call ACDelco,there is a phone number on their website and see if it is possible.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
                            • Apr 2011

Bc he clearly stated he has a chinese clone. As u know, volvo has a device check for all DICE devices. Which is why I'm not sure if ACDelco checks/verifies any tool before allowing u to use their program. But ur right, he should call ACDelco and say "Hey, do u guys verify tools before using the program?" Or something along those lines.

Comment

• iblackford
                              • Aug 2015

I'm a little confused, I thought as I would be using the MDI as a pass-thru cable, are you saying that the legitimacy of the pass-through is confirmed?

I have been reading online that before tis2web subscriptions came out, dealers would use tis2000. Does this work with tech2win, and might it do the same thing I need to do? I have an older vehicle, so I understand tis2000 can't do the newest ones, but it might be a more cost effective option than getting a tis2web subscription.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                                • Jan 2011

There are bootleg copies of the old TIS2000 SPS programming software floating around. It only covers up to 2007 and some 2008 though...

You can reprogram modules to the vehicles factory Vin number. If the vin is stored in other modules and it does not match it will cause other issues. Like the security system disabling the vehicle.

The cardaq unit J2534 has a toolbox that allows you to correct the Vin number in a used module.

I would program the module first with the needed manual trans calibration, Or get a used manual trans mision PCM, and then go back and change the Vin number to match the Vehicle. Changing the Vin Number does not affect the calibration that is currently loaded. It's often done in the aftermarket Performance industry.

The Vehicle's Vin number in the replaced module Should match the The Vehicle Built with Vin number. This is needed for Some Smog programs and Vehicle Inspections.

As far as the Tech 2 or Tech2win software. You do not actually change vehicle options with the tool itself. The only way to change Options is through the reprogramming process. Changing a calibration.

The tool and software Has Bi directional controls which allow you to turn on or activate functions to verify if it works. This is not permanent and as soon as you disconnect the tool from the Vehicle, the module reverts back to normal status. Only Reprograming will make a permanent option available.

Comment

Working...