Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

The GM Per Vehicle Menu

If your purchasing your first Per Vehicle GM subscription here is the new menu screen after paying the subscription. Click on the Vehicle 1 tab not the ADD VIN even though you haven't registered a vehicle yet. If you click the ADD VIN tab, it'll try to sell you another subscription. I wonder what this page will look like after I have 20 or so vehicles registered. I'll have to keep track of which vehicles are which number so I don't ever purchase a duplicate subscription.
    Attached Files
  • Glide
    • Jan 2015

I created a file and copy and paste all the VINs in it with reference numbers,just in case.

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

If your purchasing your first Per Vehicle GM subscription here is the new menu screen after paying the subscription. Click on the Vehicle 1 tab not the ADD VIN even though you haven't registered a vehicle yet. If you click the ADD VIN tab, it'll try to sell you another subscription. I wonder what this page will look like after I have 20 or so vehicles registered. I'll have to keep track of which vehicles are which number so I don't ever purchase a duplicate subscription.
      If the VIN #was paid for the year and ECM reflashed and later the customer were to bring his car in to transmission shop for his transmission rebuilt and trans tech entered the VIN # would GM disclose that the VIN is in their system is free to perform an available flash to the TCM?

Comment

• Glide
        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Witsend
        If the VIN #was paid for the year and ECM reflashed and later the customer were to bring his car in to transmission shop for his transmission rebuilt and trans tech entered the VIN # would GM disclose that the VIN is in their system is free to perform an available flash to the TCM?
        Why would they?It's not free,anymore than if a dealership had at one time flashed it.The 2 yr. deal is for the account holder(who payed for it) not for any random person in the future.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
          • Apr 2011

Gotta agree with GLAD. Unless GM is douchy and they might disclose that since programming/flashing is a risk for GM as well. But it's how they'll make money, now the tranny place will have to shell out money to flash the TCM or any other shop that wants to flash any module. Smart greedy move by GM. But I blame people who abused the system before, it was great until people sold programming online, I.E. RAP Programming. :/

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

Why would they?It's not free,anymore than if a dealership had at one time flashed it.The 2 yr. deal is for the account holder(who payed for it) not for any random person in the future.
            Common sense. Why would you not just register the VIN# to the name of the actual customer that owns the F@cking car? It's like buying parts from autozone and registering the parts warranty to the actual customer's name and phone # instead of having to go through a hundreds of customer's parts to try to go through and look up a parts warranty under your name and number.
            I say F@ck GM on double dipping on other shops if the 2 years on the VIN is already paid for

Comment

• orlando
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by greasybob
              i did one last week and i was surprised too with the new system, by the way i tried to program a vehicle and it would not let me, it kept giving me error code E5529 maximum number of client installations exceeded for your user id, i called GM help line and they took care of it, the guy asked me if i had changed my PC and i said yes and all he had to do was reset my account and that was it, in case anyone runs into this problem in the future.

Comment

• Witsend
                Banned
                • Nov 2012

i did one last week and i was surprised too with the new system, by the way i tried to program a vehicle and it would not let me, it kept giving me error code E5529 maximum number of client installations exceeded for your user id, i called GM help line and they took care of it, the guy asked me if i had changed my PC and i said yes and all he had to do was reset my account and that was it, in case anyone runs into this problem in the future.
                Be a lot easier to be able to just register the VIN# under the owner's name and have him pay and let him know if he is far from home on vacation within the next couple years if one of his car's modules were to go out, that any decent shop with a Jbox should be able to access GM website enter his name and car VIN # to flash the replacement module and not have to pay for another GM subscription to be able to have that done.

Comment

• Steve6911
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by orlando
                  You are only allowed a certain number of PC's registered to your account, 4 comes to mind but don't quote me on that. This number goes back to all the PC's you have used with that account. GM thinks it stops Sub sharing

Comment

• orlando
                    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Steve6911
                    You are only allowed a certain number of PC's registered to your account, 4 comes to mind but don't quote me on that. This number goes back to all the PC's you have used with that account. GM thinks it stops Sub sharing
                    that explains it, thank you.

Comment

• sbreland73
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Witsend
                      I say F@ck GM on double dipping on other shops if the 2 years on the VIN is already paid for
                      Make sure to tell your customers you don't want to work on GM vehicles.
                      S. Breland

Comment

• Witsend
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2012

Make sure to tell your customers you don't want to work on GM vehicles.
                        If my China man tool don't work to get a some used salvage yard module to work, I will set up a customer with their own separate GM account for their VIN and have them pay GM with their own credit card and if my POS, Chinaman Jbox don't work to Get Turd done , I'll send the P@ssed Off Customer your way so you can sell them a new $1000 ECM for their $1500 car and you won't need to buy another sub. A couple more years, you hook a battery maintainer to the GM cars and On Star will do the rest by satellite communication and Jbox for GM wont even be required
                        Last edited by Witsend; 03-12-2018, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• Glide
                          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Steve6911
                          GM allows 3 PCs per account.Most brands only allow one per account or "licence".If you replace a PC and your account is full you have to call and have a mac addy removed in order to add a new one.

Comment

• Witsend
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2012

GM allows 3 PCs per account.Most brands only allow one per account or "licence".If you replace a PC and your account is full you have to call and have a mac addy removed in order to add a new one.
                            Yesterday 03:38 PM
                            I think keeping track of separate accounts and number of PCs is utter BS. The VIN idea, capped at $60 a car for Lifetime Programming Access across the board any tech anywhere can then install and program a new or used PCM , key and remote programming for free 5 years or 10 years , or even 20 years down the road, VIN One time fee, Lifetime access to programming( including keys and remotes.) Maybe $10 per visit for 2 days to access Virtual MDI-2 and $10 for 2 day access to VIN specific factory service manuals and wiring diagrams might be reasonable. Require all makes sold in the USA Including Euro and Asian Makes if customer wants Indy to work on car, he pays the $60 for the release of his VIN # for lifetime programming access (INCLUDING KEYS AND REMOTES).The customer should also also be able to retrieve his or her vehicle PIN and key cut code should it be needed with his VIN already PRE Paid, as well as anyone with an LSID. Make things easier, especially if you could toss a battery maintainer on the car and say" On Star , Check for available module calibration updates" and On Star Presently might have capability to tell a tech if newer module calibrations are available or not, and newer model cars with On Star might be soon be able to update every module on the car instead of Gomer Cobbling a F'N Jbox to do simple calibration updates."Golly Jee, So That Thar Jbox is the Tranzmishion for da Tranzmishion?
                            Last edited by Witsend; 03-13-2018, 08:08 AM.

Comment

• Steve6911
                              • Feb 2007

200wR0J0I3WW.gif

Comment

Working...