X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bsimpson15
    • Mar 2012

Chrysler Communication

Hey All,

I am having trouble with the automatic vin detection on every Chrysler product I hook up to. I have the 11.4 software. Every one tells me to insert K-25 key, then after hitting yes asks for the K-13 key. It then tells me that automatic vin is not supported for this vehicle. I haven't found a single one that it does do. Is this something the software did away with? Normal communication is not a problem (data streams, codes, ect.).

Thanks.
  • sbreland73
    • Jan 2009

I have seen this issue for years now, so I would just start with the K13, and then let it tell me K25, but now I don't have keys, so no more issue.
    S. Breland

Comment

• hefaus
      • Dec 2007

Chrysler

Hi I did an 09 pt cruiser with my Solus Pro... That was with 11.2. I have 11.4 now but never tried it again.. Maybe I will if I get a chance.Read Every module I choose never asked for more than K25 but I could be wrong on that Yes it did ask for different keys,,,but it worked. Enjoy Keep Smiling

Comment

• dummy
        • Mar 2013

can a modis reflash vin in toyotas

Comment

• Trindaddy
          • Jan 2010

Why would they call you that? Lol!
          Is a good question in the wrong post .

Comment

• No-Start
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by dummy
            can a modis reflash vin in toyotas
            Yes, it can write VIN's in Toyotas if you have a more recent version of the software.

No-Start.

Comment

• zrxsam
              • Jul 2013

I was told by snap on tech guy not to trust auto ID on a Chrysler?

Comment

• Skip
                Super Moderator
                • Apr 2008

I always use it. 99% of the time it works.

Comment

• Modis500
                  • Sep 2012

I've been having great success with VIN detection on Chrysler AND on many of the Euro cars...just wish it was available on GM and FoMoCo products. Anyone know why our tools don't support this? Is it something that the Chrysler ECM's allow upon immediate communication? Or just Snappy giving it to us one update at a time?
                  "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
                  Zig Ziglar

Comment

• Skip
                    Super Moderator
                    • Apr 2008

It has to do with what the factory tool is capable of.

Comment

• Nickb
                      DSD
                      • Aug 2007

There has been some problems with the actual OBD11 connector getting a pin burned up and causing problems with Dodge's only. I have had to try new OBD11 connectors many times and it works after. Also for some reason the old style OBD11 connector works better. The new cable style has problems. I have no idea why. Many of my Franchisee's have run into this same problem and informed me that the older cable works better.

Hope this helps
                      DSD

Comment

• Modis500
                        • Sep 2012

I too had problems with the cable style adapter (Wish this was a Warranty item through our dealers since there are so many that expire too soon)....got fed up with it, cut off the key adapter, crimped on some female terminals, found out the correlation from end to end on the terminals and made an extension cord for the older style gray brick adapter. Plugged them in, filled the end with silicone, and added self-vulcanizing tape to seal it all up...ghetto I know, but its nice having an adapter that works ALL THE TIME, along with an extension so it won't fall out of those pesky Jeeps and Subarus!
                        "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
                        Zig Ziglar

Comment

• sandt38
                          • May 2012

Originally posted by Modis500
                          I've been having great success with VIN detection on Chrysler AND on many of the Euro cars...just wish it was available on GM and FoMoCo products. Anyone know why our tools don't support this? Is it something that the Chrysler ECM's allow upon immediate communication? Or just Snappy giving it to us one update at a time?
                          Chrysler VIN detection has been hit or miss for me. I would like to see complete auto detection options. All PCMs have the VIN written to it, why can't we have this option?

Originally posted by Skip
                          It has to do with what the factory tool is capable of.
                          Ford factory tools will auto detect.

Comment

• jpgarrido
                            • Dec 2006

Auto VIN detect

Most often the lack of VIN detect is not the Snap On tool that is lacking it is the vehicle archictecture. I have OEM scanners for about a dozen makes. It really depends on the year/make/model of the vehicle more than the tool. VIN detection is not always a function the OEM scanner has regardless of the VIN being written to the PCM or not. Typically, CAN vehicles will have VIN data available to the scan data stream. Earlier vehicles it is hit and miss.

VIN detect for Fords is also only on the later vehicles.
                            Jim

Comment

• sandt38
                              • May 2012

Originally posted by jpgarrido
                              Most often the lack of VIN detect is not the Snap On tool that is lacking it is the vehicle archictecture.

I just got 13.2 last week, so I cannot say for sure if it has been fixed, but there have been numerous complaints about the Verus misreading the VIN. Pay attention to it if you allow it to auto detect. For some reason it reads the 9th VIN as the 10th in many cases on Chryslers.

Comment

Working...