Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt
    • Dec 2008

Injector pressure drop

Customer brought in 2002 GMC Sonoma with 2.2L. P0304, I confirmed dead miss on cylinder #4. #4 injector passed signature test and ohms test with flying colors. I'm running a verus D10 with 16.4, I wanted to run a injector pressure drop test to verify if #4 fuel injector was plugged or not. I went to functional tests and it was not an option. . R&R injectors on this is a 4 hour job. I love my D10s capabilities just not the random holes in coverage.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

4 hours is a Sonoma B@tch. Is there a way you can still manually ID the truck as similar Chevy S-10 to see if the fuel injector balance test is there ? My old Red Brick with coverage to 2005 offers fuel injector balance test for some GM models.
    Last edited by Witsend; 12-08-2016, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• Flatrater
      • Dec 2013

There is no reason to go through all of this work, make a data capture of the engine data during the fault and post it.

The answer is on your scan tool.

Originally posted by Matt
      Customer brought in 2002 GMC Sonoma with 2.2L. P0304, I confirmed dead miss on cylinder #4. #4 injector passed signature test and ohms test with flying colors. I'm running a verus D10 with 16.4, I wanted to run a injector pressure drop test to verify if #4 fuel injector was plugged or not. I went to functional tests and it was not an option. . R&R injectors on this is a 4 hour job. I love my D10s capabilities just not the random holes in coverage.

Comment

Working...