Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BNC173
    • Apr 2017

TPMS activate relearn

I have a TPMS tool a couple of them as a matter of fact, but for some reason they will not let you plug in to the OBD port & tell the computer to go into relearn mode. What scanner can I buy that will let me do that when the owner has lost the remote or the car has no DIC to let you tell it to relearn. We are a tire shop not a repair shop so we don't need the most expensive one. Thanks
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

I think the Ethos Pro would be your best bet. Comes with Euro, which you'll need. Full bi-directional controls. Inexpensive updates, compared to our other scanners.

No Troubleshooter or Sure-Track, which you won't need anyway.

Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• Steve6911
      • Feb 2007

If you do this with a scanner you will need to read all the sensor ID's with the tools you have and then manually enter them with the scanner. If you buy the TPMS3 you can read all the sensor ID's and then plug into the OBD2 port and the tool will upload all the info. It's a great tool, I have had it for many years now.

Steve

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

We are a tire shop not a repair shop so we don't need the most expensive one. Thanks
        If You specialize in tires and volume high enough to justify it, you should have a good TPMS tool that saves you time getting out a separate scantool every time, or a scan tool that save you getting out a separate TPMS tool. Many of the cars introduced with TPMS are 10 years old and the sensors need replacement, so normally these tools can only program or clone a specific brand or brands of new blank TPMS sensors, so you need to consider what these brands of programmable TPMS sensors will cost you to keep in stock (and check track record of any Chinese knock off brands , whether or not those sensors actually still work properly after a few years on car also
        Last edited by Witsend; 04-11-2017, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Working...