Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shookshop
    • Apr 2017

Chrysler reprogramming problem

I am new to flashing and not tech savvy. On an '06 Dodge Dakota replaced the PCM and trying to reflash. I got a download successful message from the Chrysler website but when I go to the J2534 application and select my Snap On pass thru tool I get a message that no flash updates are present. Did I miss a step? I checked the downloaded file on my laptop and it's a pdf file - did I download the wrong file? If so, what does the correct file look like (what file format)?
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Here's an informative you tube video .

If the used PCM has the same part number. I think with an old DS708 you had hit and miss capability to replace PCM copy info from old pcm then change pcm and write Vin#s and program keys without need of a j2534 and buying a sub.
    Last edited by Witsend; 04-22-2017, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
      • Jan 2015

PDF file

Hi shookshop, a PDF file is a book type file, PDF stands for portable document file which is something you read.
      So from what you wrote I am guessing you did get the wrong type of file.
      As I personally have no experience ( as yet ) of reflashing any ecu I am therefore going to guess you would need a file that would end with the following :- .exe
      But that is only my educated guess, I may need to find out more on this subject.

Comment

• Ruston11
        • Feb 2015

pcm programming

They are correct, all you have to do is go into wcm and use replace pcm function and get the pin from dealer. no flash or subscription required.

Comment

Working...