Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt
    • Dec 2008

Warranty

What's your shops policy on parts and labor warranty? Mine is 12 months or 12,000 miles on all parts and labor at my shop. I kind of thought that was a basic industry standard but I'm really not sure. I am posting this after taking a bath on tahoe knock sensors after 6 months of them working just fine and then setting a P0332 I used high quality aftermarket knock sensors and sub harness first time! Using O.E. stuff now. Warranty work is part of the job I know! It just sucks, and makes me question the system I guess. Anyways, let me know what length of time you put on your warranties. It's all fun and games until you have to eat-it 8 months down the road!
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Even high quality brand name parts suppliers bag and box knockoff parts made in China. For me it's 3 months or 3k on labor and whatever my supplier has for the parts warranty. If your labor is defective you'll usually have a comeback withing a few weeks. I didn't engineer GM intake manifolds and plastic elbows and don't know what parts are made in China that are now in Moog boxes

Comment

• jm43130
      • Apr 2008

I usually use 1 year labor warranty and whatever parts store give on part. CARQUEST TechNet gives us labor for 1 year. As far as electronic parts, I usually try and use OEM.

Comment

• sbreland73
        • Jan 2009

Christian Brothers Automotive offers two years or 24,000 miles,
        which ever benefits the customer. Techs are covered full labor time of the original repair. This excludes customer supplied parts of course.
        S. Breland

Comment

Working...