Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tech12
    • Oct 2010

Programming Windstar Cluster

I recently tried to program a used cluster (IC) for a 1999 Windstar. I built the vehicle and chose PMI for programming. It performed a setup procedure and then asked for as built data. I went to the Ford website, punched in the VIN and got all the as built data. The problem is that module 61-01 is not listed in the as built lists. There is a hyperlink that says -click here if module data required is not available below. So I clicked on it but there is nothing there about the IC programming.

So I backed out and performed the PATS key learn. So now the truck starts but there is a Traction Off light on the dash. and a U1262 is set. I suspect this is because of the unfinished programming. Does anyone know how to resolve this? My diagnostics all point to a problem with SCP data which is on pin 2 of the ALDL.
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

You are not the first with this problem, maybe read this http://productforum.autorepairdata.c...ead.php?t=5165

Comment

• USpMD
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by tech12
      I recently tried to program a used cluster (IC) for a 1999 Windstar. I built the vehicle and chose PMI for programming. It performed a setup procedure and then asked for as built data. I went to the Ford website, punched in the VIN and got all the as built data. The problem is that module 61-01 is not listed in the as built lists. There is a hyperlink that says -click here if module data required is not available below. So I clicked on it but there is nothing there about the IC programming.

So I backed out and performed the PATS key learn. So now the truck starts but there is a Traction Off light on the dash. and a U1262 is set. I suspect this is because of the unfinished programming. Does anyone know how to resolve this? My diagnostics all point to a problem with SCP data which is on pin 2 of the ALDL.
      Please supply complete Vin# and I will look into it for you
      "I wanna help the helpless, but I could careless about the clueless". Dennis Miller

Comment

• tech12
        • Oct 2010

Windstar Cluster

Greasybob - it sounds like you ran into exactly the same problem as I did - No as-built data for the IC (module 61-01) I did get through the PATS programming though. The VIN is- 2FMZA514XXBB83267. Any help with this is much appreciated

Comment

• USpMD
          • Oct 2010

Greasybob - it sounds like you ran into exactly the same problem as I did - No as-built data for the IC (module 61-01) I did get through the PATS programming though. The VIN is- 2FMZA514XXBB83267. Any help with this is much appreciated
          Heres the info you need
          Blank PCM Data NOT Available in File PCM Module
          PCM 1 FFFF FFFF FF0C
          PCM 2 FFFF FFFF FF0D
          PCM 3 FFFF FFFF FF0E
          PCM 4 FFFF FF28 5089
          PCM 5 5260 FFA0 FF65
          PCM 6 FFFF FF13 587E
          PCM 7 B0B1 B2FF FF28
          PCM 8 FFFF FFFF FF13
          PCM 9 FFFF FFFF FF14
          BCE Modules TSB SSM Instructions
          28-01 2000 0000 FF48

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

50-01 5900 0000 FFA9

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

52-01 C4D8 4000 FF2E

60-01 5D00 0000 FFBD

End of As Built information
          FCXWS447
          "I wanna help the helpless, but I could careless about the clueless". Dennis Miller

Comment

• tech12
            • Oct 2010

Windstar Cluster

But what as-built do I use for the cluster. Don't I need as built for module 61-01? Do I need to enter data for all modules. How do I procede with this? Sorry but I guess I have not had much experience with as built data entering.

Comment

• tech12
              • Oct 2010

Windstar Cluster

So....... I e-mailed FMP guy with my problem. Here is what he replied

Eric,

This occurs when a Non-Message Center IC (Instrument Cluster) has been replaced with a Message Center IC. What happens is, the Message Center IC has an extra "Node" internal for the Message Center. IDS will display the address information for the 60-01, then it reads another node in the IC and asks for the 61-01 data.
              First solution is to get the right IC for the vehicle from your local Ford dealership.
              If you decide to install and program the Message Center IC in a Non-Message Center vehicle, the Message Center will display all dashes.
              So the AB for the 61-01 would be FFFF-FFFF-FF5D

Thank you for contacting
              Motorcraft Technical Resources
              I will talk to my customer (repair shop) and find out how they want to proceed and then I will let you know how it goes. Programming is always an adventure!

Comment

• USpMD
                • Oct 2010

But what as-built do I use for the cluster. Don't I need as built for module 61-01? Do I need to enter data for all modules. How do I procede with this? Sorry but I guess I have not had much experience with as built data entering.
                the data for IC is , whem promted for 60-01 data, input 5D00 0000 FFBD the other data is for programming other modules, it is the complete list for that vehicle, and when replacing any module make sure is has the same part# as your original, there are times when a different part number will work but you may need to contact the dealer to see if that part will interchange, its possible in some rare cases, as a general rule if the part number dose not match it will not program correctly

Comment

• USpMD
                  • Oct 2010

did you fix this one yet..... waiting on your reply.......

Comment

• tech12
                    • Oct 2010

Windstar Cluster

Not yet - I am waiting for my customer to find out if he can get a used cluster that doesn't have an information center. I told him that I would program either one for him now that i know how to do it. I should hear at the beginning of the week. My cust says he specifically requested a cluster without an info center from the wrecker so he was a little miffed that we ran into this glitch because of a screwup by the wrecker. But..... that is the story of our lives isn't it. @#*T runs downhill and the techs at the bottom seem to always end up dealing with it!

Comment

• USpMD
                      • Oct 2010

Not yet - I am waiting for my customer to find out if he can get a used cluster that doesn't have an information center. I told him that I would program either one for him now that i know how to do it. I should hear at the beginning of the week. My cust says he specifically requested a cluster without an info center from the wrecker so he was a little miffed that we ran into this glitch because of a screwup by the wrecker. But..... that is the story of our lives isn't it. @#*T runs downhill and the techs at the bottom seem to always end up dealing with it!
                      So true... If they only knew......

Comment

Working...