Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • autojoe
    • Oct 2012

keyless entry problems diagnosis

Is there anyway to diagnose problem on a 2005 jeep grand cherokee 4.7 keyless entry 2 key fobs wont work unlock and lock doors......the keys will work for starting truck.any ideas.....have snap on solus pro.thanks in advance.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

If a single working remote is not available , then you need a DRB3 or an equivalent out there to do it, If the option is available I think it would depend on what software level your Solus is at if it offers the function.
    I would first make sure the non functioning remote batteries are fine and any plastic film removed from between the contacts and the battery of the new Chinese Amazon remotes.
    If you can find one working remote you can try this procedure.

Comment

• autojoe
      • Oct 2012

have 14.2 sofware update.both keys work for security system but not keyless entry.....use the keys for manually unlocking the door and then alarm goes off and then use key for starting truck.thanks

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

I'm thinking the sentry key remote module under the steering column has a white w tan communication lan wire for tire pressure monitor system which if that system or circuit is compromised might mean your keyless remote radio signal wont get processed either.If TPMS system is fine , then think a max of 4 remotes ids can be stored and may have to be cleared before any new ones added

Comment

• autojoe
          • Oct 2012

thanks for reply and info.....has a bad tpms sensor in one tireand tpms light has been on for months.have 2 keys that work as far as starting goes.......need to buy new keys and to reprogram them need to have both old ones for manual program or can I use the solus pro scan tool for programming the new keys.sorry so many questions.today I had to disconnect the battery and when I reconnected it it sounded horn for a second like usual but after manually locking truck on inside and using the key in lock on drivers door to unlock and opened drivers door the alarm usually goes off until key inserted in the ignition and truck started but the alarm didn't sound when drivers door was opened.Tried several times but when lock on inside and shut door the alarm icon on panel is flashing.something changed after disconnecting the negative battery terminal and reconnecting it.any ideas.....appreciate your input.

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

No one seems to Know if 14.2 has Chrysler remote programming capability, but I do know that the remotes have issues.

Comment

• Crusty
              • Dec 2007

Here's a good cheap quick idea just to see if the key fobs are actually sending anything out.... Michael Haimes Oct-25-14, IATN Tool & Equipment forum....

--http://members.iatn.net/forums/search/search.aspx?action=viewthread&m=160545&t=160545&fo rum=forum8&ft=1&fv=4&qv=1

He wound some small diameter wire around a 32mm socket 100 times, hooked up a scope to the wire ends, held the fobs just inside the circle of wire and got something.

Whether that signal is the correct frequency or not, who knows, whether it is a strong enough signal for the vehicle to receive or not, who knows, but at least it confirms they're doing SOMETHING rather than just dead.

Check to see if there is a datastream pid that shows some key fob activity also.
              Check for codes stored (don't forget to check all modules)

Chrysler SKREEM and SKIM can get a little confusing if you don't work on a lot of them (and I don't, thankfully)

LOL, gotta love the Daimler influence Chrysler had for 10 or 15 years.... Dumb ideas cheapened down to hovering just above and below the point of failure...LOL

Comment

• autojoe
                • Oct 2012

thanks guys.will check out.

Comment

Working...