X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mr.doesil
    • May 2010

Pickup stick

Hello all,

Just bought a pickup stick for my Vantage Pro, it has an RCA plug on the end. I know this is probably a stupid question and I could wait for my Snapon truck to show up, How the hell do you plug this in to the Vantage Pro? Why would they sell a stick that don't plug in? Any help would be appreciated. Or I can wait till the snapon truck gets here.

Thanks Kenny.
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

You are going to need the secondary ignition lead kit to make that work.
    See link.

Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• mr.doesil
      • May 2010

I have the ignition lead kit, It does not plug into that. Just don't understand why they would sell something, and than you have to go find hardware to make it work.

Comment

• kebo1970
        • Nov 2008

stick pick-up

go to radio shack and get a female to female RCA jack; this will join the ignition lead kit to the stick pick-up.
        Last edited by kebo1970; 05-16-2010, 07:17 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• mr.doesil
          • May 2010

Pickup stick

Okay I see, I do need the Ignition pickup cable, and it has a male RCA plug also, so I need the female to female adapter. Wondering why they didn't put a female end on the stick like the spark plug wire adapter. Some things just don't make sense.

Thanks for the lead.
          Kenny

Comment

• Because
            • Jul 2010

Thanks to all for this thread. I was asking myself the same questions as the OP. I also agree with the OP that this could have been done with continuity across the product line.

Comment

Working...