Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trindaddy
    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by aautomaan
    If i remember correctly "IME ACTIA XS" (may not be exactly how it is written but close) which i am pretty sure is the SO PSPI is the approved tool listed. i don't think they have approved the PSP II, but i have used that on for the ones i have reflashed. I believe the PSP I came with the original toolbox software that had the vin writing function and mileage write but i don't believe it had the skim functions like toolbox 2.

here is a link from tech authority that i got without a subscription at the bottom of the page "related documents" and the vehicles i have done have run fine with the code set in it.

https://www.techauthority.com/Docume...20Bulletin.pdf
    Drew Tech had software that supported my Actia device? I'll check into this. I like the Toolbox 2, but since they updated it i cant even open it without supported device. Thanks for the info! Neil

Comment

• aautomaan
      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Trindaddy
      Drew Tech had software that supported my Actia device? I'll check into this. I like the Toolbox 2, but since they updated it i cant even open it without supported device. Thanks for the info! Neil
      I am sorry if i am being confusing. i don't think drew tech has software for the Actia. i have the PSP I which was made by Actia and i am pretty sure it came with the original toolbox which had vin writing capabilities. i have not used that tool in quite a while though. do you not have software for your device? if not then maybe i can figure out a way to send it to you. its on cd but i am sure there is a way to transport it over the internet
      the more i learn, the more i realize what i really don't know
      http://www.hightechautoandtruck.com/

Geoffrey Bell
      Master Technician
      Dale City, VA

Comment

• Orevin
        • Aug 2010

You could also update to the latest Actia software, which will also update the firmware. Maybe there's a VIN write function available: http://www.passthruxs.com/download.htm
        -Kai-
        Chicago, IL

Comment

• Trindaddy
          • Jan 2010

Geoffrey, I do have the software it came with and I believe i have the latest cal as Orevin just posted, but I dont recall ever seeing the "toolbox" software you mentioned. I'd be interested if you get time. Thanks to you both!

Comment

• aautomaan
            • Oct 2007

j2534 toolbox

Geoffrey, I do have the software it came with and I believe i have the latest cal as Orevin just posted, but I dont recall ever seeing the "toolbox" software you mentioned. I'd be interested if you get time. Thanks to you both!
            it may not have come with psp software. i just thought so because i used to use it with it. i did manage to put a file together of what you need. i'm no computer expert so if it doesn't work the first time you'll have to forgive me. let me know how it works. i need a place to send the file. i don't think i can do it here.

Geoffrey Bell
            Master Technician
            Dale City, VA

Comment

• Trindaddy
              • Jan 2010

Address coming at cha. This should be interesting, thank you.

By the way, the Modis has a vin write feature, i've only used it once on a new PCM installed in same year Caravan last year or so. Is the vin feature in "toolbox" something different.

Neil

Comment

• aautomaan
                • Oct 2007

Address coming at cha. This should be interesting, thank you.

By the way, the Modis has a vin write feature, i've only used it once on a new PCM installed in same year Caravan last year or so. Is the vin feature in "toolbox" something different.

Neil
                i don't think it has the clear vin feature that you need to write a used ecm. its a pretty easy process. the folder is coming from "YouSendIt". my wife's boss has an account so i can send the whole folder instead of a bunch of files. click on the files until you get to j2534 toolbox and that should install the program.

there's an email coming to you that's from me.

let me know how it goes

Geoffrey

Geoffrey Bell
                Master Technician
                Dale City, VA

Comment

• Orevin
                  • Aug 2010

Neil,

SO scan tools cannot overwrite a programmed VIN. When you check the current #, it will read something like "VIN cannot be programmed". Don't have a Modis, but Solus Pro and Verus report along those lines.
                  -Kai-
                  Chicago, IL

Comment

• greasybob
                    • May 2008

Top of the world tonight!!!! I just replaced my first Chrysler PCM. It was an 06 Dodge R1500 3.7, non skim. Had code P0582, the old PCM was not supplying voltage (power) to the cruise module through the brake switch. New PCM fixed the problem. If you're doing your first Chrysler flash give your self a good hour or two to familiarize yourself with this system, open an account and perform all neccessary downloads and installations. This was a new PCM I installed, the actual down load and install took about 20 minutes. There is even a video at the tech authority site to guide you through the downloads. After I finished the download and install the vehicle started, Yeah !!! The ABS and check engine light on, OH OH !!! Then I remembered the part about entering the VIN. All seems good NOW. Thanks to all the good info here in this forum for making this possible.
                    Last edited by greasybob; 06-04-2011, 04:26 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• autodiagservices
                      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Diagnostic Guru
                      On Chrysler Vehicles with SKIM, you simply "Unplug" SKIM Module before you program PCM. Reprogram PCM, write the VIN, and plug SKIM back in and your done. If you don't do this, then you will have to use the DRB-3 on Non CAN Chryslers or the WiTech on CAN Chrysler vehicles to reset the SKIM. Remember that J-2534 is simply "Aftermarket" programming and they do not make it easy. I recommend the Factory Tools if you are doing much programming, they are very easy to program with.
                      hello mates,

could you please look the thread below, and tell me what you think is a way out.

This forum is intended for discussions about Snap-on Diagnostic's Solus and SOLUS PRO.

best regards
                      autoDIAG Services
                      for the LIFE of your CAR

Comment

• Steve6911
                        • Feb 2007

See post number 5 in that thread. Rich gave you the answer.

Steve

Comment

• autodiagservices
                          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by tech12
                          Thanks Guru - Your method worked great for me today. I was called to program a 2004 Dodge SX 2.0. My cust had installed a used ECM. He said that he had not turned on the key with the used ECM installed. This was my first time programming a Dodge/Chrysler. I followed your instructions - Unplugged the SKIM module, installed the program, reset the VIN and re-plugged in the SKIM module. Flashed it up and the cust is happy. But I do have a question. The reflash program stated that the calibration in the module was the latest calibration. Could I have just gotten away with resetting the VIN? I did not know if the actual calibration install had anything to do with the process so I went ahead and did the install. Could I have gotten away with just a VIN relearn?
                          Hello mate,
                          How did you actually did the RE-FLASH thing. what tool and software did you use?

I need you to please give detailed explanation.

Thanks and Best regards
                          autoDIAG Services
                          for the LIFE of your CAR

Comment

• Orevin
                            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by autodiagservices
                            Hello mate,
                            How did you actually did the RE-FLASH thing. what tool and software did you use?

I need you to please give detailed explanation.

Thanks and Best regards
                            The procedure would be different for your 07 Grand Cherokee.
                            -Kai-
                            Chicago, IL

Comment

Working...