X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sprayerandy
    • Mar 2017

snap on MT2500

Hi to all I am a new member and I have just bought a snap on MT2500 scanner
    to do some checks on my motor and I have been told that the scanner is an old model it has come with good bit of accessories but it is all for Vauxhall/opel ford rover which is no good to me as I have a citroen and I am just wondering if it is still possible to get the cartridges or what ever I need for a citroen 2005
    any HELP would be GREAT
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

That scanner was discontinued a decade ago. The only stuff available for it is is used. EBay is probably your best bet.
    Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

to do some checks on my motor and I have been told that the scanner is an old model it has come with good bit of accessories but it is all for Vauxhall/opel ford rover which is no good to me as I have a citroen and I am just wondering if it is still possible to get the cartridges or what ever I need for a citroen 2005
      any HELP would be GREAT
      I never seen any MT2500 Citroen cartridges on E-bay here in USA ? I think the car make was added after the MT2500 update support was already discontinued , and if it Citroen was ever available it was at the very end of life for MT2500 on a black programmable cartridge for the European or Australian market.
      My guess is that it wasn't until the old discontinued DS708 came out in 2011 and scared the sh@t out of a lot of scanner companies, that coverage for half the present European car makes now offered by Snap On existed before 2011.

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
        • Jan 2015

Citroen

Hi Sprayerandy, if you have the MT2500, you can still access the EOBD side of any age vehicle, and if you can find the PVCI all makes cartridge on eBay, there are several right now, you can then access both Citroen and Peugeot as basically they are the same French rubbish ( in my opinion ).

Comment

• Crusty
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by kirkbarrow.garage
          Hi Sprayerandy, if you have the MT2500, you can still access the EOBD side of any age vehicle, and if you can find the PVCI all makes cartridge on eBay, there are several right now, you can then access both Citroen and Peugeot as basically they are the same French rubbish ( in my opinion ).
          That made me chuckle... is SIMCA still around-??

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
            • Jan 2015

SIMCA

Well, they will be ' in there ' somewhere, along with Talbot too.

But to answer sprayerandy's query, just found this on eBay so it's on the cards to find a Citroen cartridge " somewhere " down the line ����

Oh, and to ' come back ' on SIMCA, a firm I worked for " a very long time ago " had a SIMCA high top 1100 van, and to quote Jasper Carrott ( Birmingham comedian ) ' bloody rubbish ' ����������

Comment

• Crusty
              • Dec 2007

Oh, and to ' come back ' on SIMCA, a firm I worked for " a very long time ago " had a SIMCA high top 1100 van, and to quote Jasper Carrott ( Birmingham comedian ) ' bloody rubbish ' ����������[/QUOTE]

"A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away"....LMAO.

Had the "joy" of running across one of them back in the 70's.
              That WAS a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away....

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
                • Jan 2015

Citroen 😇😇😇😇

Originally posted by sprayerandy
                any HELP would be GREAT
                I knew one Citroen cartridge would appear ( sooner or later ) and here one is 🙀🙀🙀

Comment

Working...