Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wheel
    • Jul 2007

original Modis last update 16.2

Just a heads up for all original Modis owners the last update they're offering is 16.2. I think they said they would repair them as long as they had parts.
    If you intend keeping yours, it may pay to update while you can when it comes out and be on the lookout for parts Modises to keep yours going.
    You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel
  • Wheel
    • Jul 2007

I want to pose a question to the Snap On people for the benefit of their modis customers without a dealer ( like me) - are there any other options to update their modis, and if so, how and how much?
    You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Tmai0613
      • May 2015

Originally posted by Wheel
      I want to pose a question to the Snap On people for the benefit of their modis customers without a dealer ( like me) - are there any other options to update their modis, and if so, how and how much?
      Yes, you can order an update card from the Snap-On National Customer Care Center (877)762-7662. Part number: EESP300R12. The update card is $1249. You can install it on your MODIS by replacing the card under your left hand grip. If you have heavy duty software or European software, then you want to take that old card and put it in the top slot of the MODIS.

With the new card in the side slot and old card in the top slot, turn on the unit and follow the directions.

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

Just a heads up for all original Modis owners the last update they're offering is 16.2. I think they said they would repair them as long as they had parts.
        If you intend keeping yours, it may pay to update while you can when it comes out and be on the lookout for parts Modises to keep yours going
        Though 15.2 was the last supported update for the original Solus and 16.2 is the last one for the original Modis. The owners of these tools no longer have option to get 15.2 put on an original Solus once 15.4 was released?, and Modis owners won't be able to have option to get final 16.2 once 16.4 comes out. Anyone know if the Final Solus and Modis Legacy update versions be available for a few years at a reduced price ?
        Last edited by Witsend; 04-26-2016, 07:07 AM.

Comment

• Wheel
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Tmai0613
          Yes, you can order an update card from the Snap-On National Customer Care Center (877)762-7662. Part number: EESP300R12. The update card is $1249. You can install it on your MODIS by replacing the card under your left hand grip. If you have heavy duty software or European software, then you want to take that old card and put it in the top slot of the MODIS.

With the new card in the side slot and old card in the top slot, turn on the unit and follow the directions.
          Exactly what was needed. Thanks.

Comment

• Snap-on_ULTRA
            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Witsend
            Though 15.2 was the last supported update for the original Solus and 16.2 is the last one for the original Modis. The owners of these tools no longer have option to get 15.2 put on an original Solus once 15.4 was released?, and Modis owners won't be able to have option to get final 16.2 once 16.4 comes out. Anyone know if the Final Solus and Modis Legacy update versions be available for a few years at a reduced price ?
            I tried to buy 15.2 card from snap-on, they said they no longer sell them. Bummer.

Comment

• Dashinoku
              • Aug 2016

Originally posted by Snap-on_ULTRA
              I tried to buy 15.2 card from snap-on, they said they no longer sell them. Bummer.
              Has anyone tried the subscription program?

Comment

Working...