Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cpierson34
    • Sep 2016

GM BCM reprogramming

Customer brought in 2003 Saturn L300 for door locks locking & unlocking by itself. Scanned BCM & found b1001: option configuration error. Code says to reprogram BCM. I have a PTP III & thought I could do the reprogramming but looks like I need Tech 2. Is this true?

Thanks
    Chad
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

You might be able to use your pass thru with the GM tech2win program (tech 2 simulator). Did some one install a used BCM in this vehicle. I'm not sure that a used BCM can be configured with the correct VIN for a Saturn, never did one. Is the air bag light on ?

Comment

• cpierson34
      • Sep 2016

Originally posted by greasybob
      You might be able to use your pass thru with the GM tech2win program (tech 2 simulator). Did some one install a used BCM in this vehicle. I'm not sure that a used BCM can be configured with the correct VIN for a Saturn, never did one. Is the air bag light on ?
      Thank you for the info!! The car came in with door locks locking & unlocking by themselves. I pulled the code B01001 & according to code thought I could reprogram BCM to fix code & possibly door lock issue. I only have some experience in diagnostics/reprogramming & trying to learn. I have been thrown into the fire as far as diagnostics. The air bag light was also on & according to customer no modules had been replaced. I ended up finding issue with door locks. Thanks again greasybob.

Comment

• ToltecasChavez
        • Apr 2011

Can you tell us what the problem was? Just curious

Comment

• cpierson34
          • Sep 2016

Originally posted by ToltecasChavez
          Can you tell us what the problem was? Just curious
          Ya sorry, BCM problem which customer declined.

Thanks
          Chad

Comment

• tomhuynh
            • Oct 2011

I had one that the flasher would operate by itself during the vehicle driving and vehicle off. I replaced with a used one and no issue with Vin mismatch. I just programmed the antitheft and sdm programmed via snapon scantool or tech2 emulator. the model was a 2005 saturn ion. I had a fit trying to get it programmed for antitheft. I though maybe it was because of Vin mismatched. It end up been missing fuse from the used unit.

Comment

Working...