Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BRIAN617
    • Dec 2016

2010 corvette conv top

Do any of the Snap On scanners have access to the FTM Folding Top Control Module for a 10 corvette? I can only find limited PIDS in my Modis via the BCM.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Do any of the Snap On scanners have access to the FTM Folding Top Control Module for a 10 corvette? I can only find limited PIDS in my Modis via the BCM.
    That's a Domestic car model that is already 7 years old already , and something Snap On should really shine on .What Snap On update Level are you presently at ? In the Function viewer of Chinese tool the module is listed but I don't really like the / mark in Sub Function spaces , so my guess is the / mark in Sub Function means it will be found to be vacant or probably won't be supported when you try to use function.LMAO
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Witsend; 09-26-2017, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• BRIAN617
      • Dec 2016

We are updated to 15.4

Anyone know what the latest update for the Modis is? Our dealer says they aren't supporting it anymore, but he's not real smart.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by BRIAN617
        We are updated to 15.4

Anyone know what the latest update for the Modis is? Our dealer says they aren't supporting it anymore, but he's not real smart.
        Which version of modis do you have?

If it's the original style modis, It's probably no longer supported for software updates. According to the thread below 16.2 would have been the last update available.

Maybe some one near you has something with newer software that you can try ?

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

Maybe some one near you has something with newer software that you can try ?
          Here is the link to PDF showing what coverage 17.2 should be able to access and do .Sure seems a PITA to have to reference to see if the scanner should be able to do something before you open your mouth and have to attach your foot to it when the scanner can't access .Scanner should offer a coverage viewer built right in to it and there is no excuse after 7 years that any modules on a popular domestic car can't be accessed with full OE Bi Directional control.I've heard The Phrase "You've got to Slow your Roll" But seven years is a long time to wait for the slow roll out of added functionality especially if the Chinaman tools can pretty much access and do a lot of Bi-directional on things only a couple years old. Screw Licensing It's Right to Aftermarket repair. After 5 years the OE software should be fully copied and Bootlegged where it needs to be.Quit the Bull Sh@t, screw all the Cash Cows and the updates and just upgrade your platform every 3 years, maybe even toss the J2534 in the garbage can LMAO

Last edited by Witsend; 09-27-2017, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• BRIAN617
            • Dec 2016

Originally posted by SnapOnKid
            If it's the original style modis, It's probably no longer supported for software updates.

It is the original Modis.

Comment

• Glide
              • Jan 2015

Solus Ultra with 17.2 only shows tonneau cover relay and tonneau open/close in special functions.Some data pids.

Comment

• Witsend
                Banned
                • Nov 2012

It is the original Modis.
                I may have missed it, but I didn't even see FTM listed under Chevrolet of the PDF Coverage chart of 17.2. Maybe the Zeus with 17.4
                Maybe could try an old Maxi Cyst, I'm not sure if their latest software has yet recovered fully from forced changes from Lawsuits , and or threats of new ones by OE car and other scanner companies that want them StrapOnize and pay licensing for all OE functionality and you to have to buy J boxes, subs and updates every year to finally realize near full OE functionality of software gradually rolled out for new models that in past seems to have taken 7-12 years but has improved and expedited considerably in recent years.

Comment

• GypsyR
                  • Jul 2017

Zeus 17.4-nope. Closest I see in BCM is Tonneau Release and Tonneau Relay in the "tests" section.

"Inadvertent Power Relay"? WTH is that?

Comment

• BRIAN617
                    • Dec 2016

Got to try a Modis Edge 16.4 and same senario.

Comment

• BRIAN617
                      • Dec 2016

The "other" tool guy says his scanner has the capability. Supposed to deliver later today and we'll see.

Comment

• Witsend
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2012

The "other" tool guy says his scanner has the capability. Supposed to deliver later today and we'll see.
                        That Mucksamizer Clone of a Lunchbox?

Comment

• BRIAN617
                          • Dec 2016

The cheapo scanner had full functionality of the FTM. Full data PID list, DTCs, and Bi-Directional control.

Where can I post this info so the right people see it and look into implementing this in a future update? I know my old Modis wont be updated, but we are currently demoing an Edge.

Comment

• GypsyR
                            • Jul 2017

What cheapo scanner exactly? Name names.
                            When I REALLY need a special tool to fix a car I don't worry so much about whose name is on it.
                            If you want Snap On to know they didn't have what you need and somebody else did, well, this IS a Snap On sponsored forum. Tell it. I like my Snap On scan tools all right. I'd like them even more if they had at least as much OEM type functionality as their competition.

Comment

• SnapOnKid
                              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by BRIAN617
                              The cheapo scanner had full functionality of the FTM. Full data PID list, DTCs, and Bi-Directional control.

Where can I post this info so the right people see it and look into implementing this in a future update? I know my old Modis wont be updated, but we are currently demoing an Edge.
                              Post the name of the tool with the correct working Info on this forum.

A vin number of the vehicle would be helpful too.

If you have pictures from your cell phone of the coverage on the other tool, Please add those in as well.

They are watching and this forum believe it or not. They look into and add the missing coverage especially when there is proof.

Comment

Working...