Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Sorry , wasn't able to post a resized picture. Figure I could buy a longer heavy duty power cord and cover the assembly in weather resistant plastic or plexiglass.Thinking it would Kinda suck though to take the fancy plastic covering off a Snappy one and basically find a Taiwan made DLS 55 lurking under there with a longer custom power cord.Kinda doubt it though. Snappy one looks awesome , and It does appear to be protected better from the elements and electrocution risk if it were to get exposed to the elements, but BMW says 90 A and 30 A is a little more Max Head Room even if it might save a DME , ya could get electrocuted if exposed to the elements
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Witsend; 01-17-2018, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• Glide
      • Jan 2015

I'd be more concerned about maintaining 14.4 volts than how many amps.

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

I'd be more concerned about maintaining 14.4 volts than how many amps.
        It seem to maintain between 13.4 to 13.7 volts so far. I did notice a little green wire pigtail plug that will bump output voltage to 14.4 V for a fast charge rate and has a warning label to remove connector after awhile or damage could occur to the battery.
        This thing has no on off switch at all . just hook up battery cable clamps and plug it in. I hooked it up to a 2012 Lincoln Mkz and my Scan tool VCI voltage display on the right top corner of tablet held at 13.5 volts the entire time without worry, where my 6amp trickle charger don't keep up and I often have to turn the ignition key off when the VCI voltage starts going below 12V if I expect a car to start after I'm done diagnosing.I don't need to worry about DRLs killing batteries with key on anymore

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

If you do attach the DLS 90 cables to a battery before plugging it into an outlet, I did notice the cable clamps do spark a small amount when hooking up the thing to the battery even though it was not plugged into outlet yet, So like hooking up any thing to a battery you might want to take precaution to fan the battery area of any possible hydrogen gas around a battery first, and be wearing eye protection

Comment

Working...