Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jemoore17
    • Mar 2009

Possibility of 4-channel vantage pro?

The biggest thing I miss about my old Modis was it's awesome 4-channel scope (coupled with larger screen). Is there any possibility of snappy coming out with a 4-channel, larger screen, stand-alone scope to compete with OTC Solarity? I know the need for channels is rare, but when you need more than two, YOU NEED MORE THAN TWO....

Speaking of the Solarity, how does the sample rates of it compare with Vantage Pro?
  • AMX77
    • Aug 2009

vantage pro has a pretty hot sample rate, even better than verus

Comment

• Jay G.
      Administrator
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by jemoore17
      The biggest thing I miss about my old Modis was it's awesome 4-channel scope (coupled with larger screen). Is there any possibility of snappy coming out with a 4-channel, larger screen, stand-alone scope to compete with OTC Solarity? I know the need for channels is rare, but when you need more than two, YOU NEED MORE THAN TWO....

Speaking of the Solarity, how does the sample rates of it compare with Vantage Pro?
      I can't speak of OTC Solarity I have never used one but I'm sure the only thing it has over the VP is the 4 channel, the VP have more component tests. I will agree with you on the occasional need for it but currently there are no plans for a 4 channel Vantage Pro.

Comment

• No-Start
        • Oct 2006

I wouldn't even consider using an OTC Solarity or it's brother, the Genisys scope. It's one of the most horrid scopes that I've had the "pleasure" to use.

On the subject of the 4 Channel Vantage Pro. Even if they made such a update, the screen size is just too small for 4 channels.

Here is an example of what it would look like.

4channel.GIF

Pretty tight to fit 4 channels on that screen, especially if some of the signals take up a lot of space.

No-Start.

Comment

• David Green
          • Oct 2009

However NO - START, you have managed to either get four channels on the VP screen looking at your graphs, or you have used a similar scope that is not the VP?

Please advise which is it?

David

Comment

Working...