Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tech12
    • Oct 2010

Fmp

Well, the customer got impatient and towed it to the Ford dealer. I asked them to tell me how it went for them. I will pass it on if I hear what it took to get that calibration in.

Comment

• USpMD
      • Oct 2010

Sorry to hear we didnt get that worked out for you, did you ever get a responce from the motorcraft help desk?
      "I wanna help the helpless, but I could careless about the clueless". Dennis Miller

Comment

• tech12
        • Oct 2010

Fmp

The only response I got was to keep trying.
        We have been having some intermittent concerns with diagnostic tools downloading files to program modules. We believe these have been resolved, though. Please keep trying to reprogram the PCM, TCM, and FICM on this 2005 E350 to see if Ford Module Programming can download the files necessary to reprogram these modules.
        They suggested that the error message ( MODULE IS NOT GRANTING SECURITY ACCESS) that I got can be caused by following the FMP directions. They suggested when FMP tells me to turn the key off, I should leave it on and just click the check mark.
        If you get any prompts to turn off the key during the programming process, please leave the key on and touch the tic mark through the prompt to turn off the key. Turning off the key can cause Ford Module Programming to lose communication with a module and display the error "851082
        ". They mentioned that all the issues I was experiencing with server connections were likely their issues. They had been having intermittant server connection issues. It was a little frustrating to pay for my subscription and spend about 6 hours trying to program this and then lose the job so that I get nothing!

Comment

• USpMD
          • Oct 2010

Wow!! I understand your pain.... Have worked with BMW for over three days to get there software to work, theres seems to not play well with others, I have not used the motorcraft site, I only use dealer site, I was under the impression it was close to the same but with additional security and limited access to certin areas, I have not seen anyone else state issues, are there some of you out there that could chime in?? It sure would help to solve this guys issues, dose motorcraft help desk contact you on the phone?? to help resolve your concern , like my case with BMW, its related to all the other software I have loaded for other vehicles(dosent play well with others, driver and certifi. errors) I still have contacts in engineering, may they could help if I could get more info
          "I wanna help the helpless, but I could careless about the clueless". Dennis Miller

Comment

• tech12
            • Oct 2010

Fmp

So I have programmed several Fords since my previous calamity and they were fine. I did another one over the weekend and I ran into the security access message. I went back and performed the programming procedure as per FMP guy and didn't turn off the key when FMP directed me to and the programming went through OK. If you recall the FMP guy said that some 6.0 Ford Diesels lose communication when you turn the key off. This is what is causing the security message. So........if you are programming a 6.0 Ford diesel and you get the message "module not granting security access" just try it again but don't turn the key off after programming is installed in the module. Good luck.

Comment

Working...