Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rawcoauto
    • Mar 2012

How the Verdict is doing.

Just wanted to let everone know how I'm getting along with my Verdict. Have had it for about a year and a half now. Like most other users I had some pretty serious problems at first that have been mostly taken care of with patches and updates. On the positive side, I lke the platform and the tool overall. The wireless scope/meter and scan modules are a real plus especially when doing under car diagnostics, although I still use the VP for functions the M2 can't do. I also use the M2 alot as a stand alone meter and even the scope when I don't need a lot of detail. On the negative side, there is still some need for impovement is some areas (are you listening Snap On?). Sometimes if you try to access a module the is not there or not communicating, it gets hung up on the screen with the green dashes going across the top and won't let you back out for up to 3 minutes, unless you shut off and start over (another 3 minutes). Another real weak area is on Ford EEC IV systems. Alot of you probably don't see many of these, but I'm out here in farming country and there are quite few of these (especially trucks) still running around and needing repairs. Sometimes it will not display the memory codes, although the CE light flashes them out and you can get them that way, but should not have to. Sometimes I can switch code speeds (usually fast/no code clearing) and get them to come up. I have seldom been able to get data stream on the newer systems that have it. Its not always just the vehicle, because I can get DS on my Mastertech. My tech rep offered to let me trade up to a Verus, but I can't believe it would be much better since its the same software. I could also go down to a Solus Ultra, but I would rather not and again would it really solve these problems. If any of you other SO users have any experiences or ideas to share I would appreciate it. Ideally SO should fix the problems and let us keep the tool we like best!
  • camaroz2866
    • Aug 2011

Interested as well

Comment

• andy18
      • Feb 2012

I still use the VP for functions the M2 can't do.

Which functions are you refering at?
      I just got a new VP for a test drive, and I don't like the display at all.

Comment

• rawcoauto
        • Mar 2012

VP vs M2

The VP has ignition scope and direct amperage that the M2 doesn't. I use the ignition scope mainly on distributor system, since my main scope, the 8 trace ATS don't work very good on them. For parasitic draw I used the direct measure, as I don't trust low amp probes for draws under 1 amp. As for the display, I haven't had any complaints. Do you have youre brightness and contrast set correctly. If you are trying to view in bright sunlight, there are few displays that are easy to see.

Comment

• leemack
          • Jul 2010

Could never understand why the ANPS jack wasn't included in the MODIS, this would've been a good feature as we possibly could have then tested Broadband 02 senosrs without the use of expensive micro amps clamps.

thanks
          lee

Comment

• Aircates
            • Jan 2012

An overpriced, buggy genisys...

I have had my Verdict for a year and two months now and could not be any unhappier with it. It was grossly misrepresented by snap on. From the amount of cars it would connect to, to the unstable platform, to the painfully slow information updating ability. If anyone is considering by this scan tool. I would HIGHLY recommend you save your money. I have not used any of the other scan tools made by snap on, so I can't say if they are any improvement. This will be my last diagnostic scan tool from snap on.

Comment

• Licorice
              • Jun 2013

Won't even make a good door stop.

Comment

Working...