Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GTA matt
    • Aug 2012

Verdict problems

Just wondering if anybody as found a true fix for these things. I have been given the true runaround with this thing and am truly at my wits end with it. I bought it in April of 2011 and within the first week had to have a snap on tech guy come out to look at it. The usual random locking up deal, would loose internet connection after 10 minutes, and a few other issues. he re-imaged it and immediately following that, it wouldnt re-connect to the multimeter. he gave me a new multimeter and it was able to link right up. Still had the same problems with the locking up and freezing and loosing internet, which I just sucked it up and worked thru. Then another problem popped up: it would say the battery was 100% charged ALL the time. Plug it into the charger and the LED would remain green. Naturally it would suddenly turn off when the battery died. The only fix was to remove the battery and reinstall. Then I would get a true battery life reading and it would charge properly until the next time it was turned on. Tech guy came back out, re-imaged it again and replaced the battery. I was also having problems with the new multimeter holding a charge for more then 5 minutes, so it was replaced, again. The new battery didnt fix the chargin issue with the scanner and now yet another issue popped up. If I tried to print a screen shot, the scanner would TURN OFF when I pressed the print button. Tech guy re-imaged it again, and it didnt fix anything, again....

This is where things took a turn for the worse. I moved a few states away in August 2011 and lost my awesome snap on dealer who was helping me thru my issues. My new guy simply told me Verdicts dont have any problems, refused to help me. This guy has only walked into my shop one time in the past year. Apparently didnt need the business from someone who paid cash for an ethos, solus pro, verdict and Epiq toolbox.... I was finally able to get him to send a tech guy out, who re-imaged it (again) and told me it was fixed. I promptly demonstrated that the battery still wouldnt charge and he had no answer and left! My dealer then agreed to send it in for repair.......

I gave it to my dealer April 17th, 2012. A few weeks went by and he told me no word on it yet. A few more weeks go by and he tells me Snap on is having problems fixin it. So I called snap on repair at the begining of July, give them the serial number and they tell me they never recieved my scanner!!!!! I call my dealer and left a message (a nice one, seriously) to call me back. No return call. I didnt see him for 4 weeks following that phone call. Area rep was supposedly emailed by my former dealer, yet no action was taken. I called snap on repair weekly to see if they recieved it. They had not. Snap on customer service told me I was a liar and wouldnt return my calls, call my dealer, give me a complaint number or act remotely interested in my problem! At this point it was early August. I had been without my scanner for 4 months!!! I had to have another guy in the shop call customer service and complain about our dealer not being by for 4 weeks. he got a complaint number and a call back! Our driver came by the next week and I flatout asked him where my scanner was, with snap repair on my phone. he told me snap on had it and was replacing some circuit board. I held up my phone and told him they hadnt seen it! he finally admitted (once everyone was off the truck) that he had been lying to me for 4 months and had not sent my scanner in. Used every single excuse in the book. Unbelievable......

So he finaly sends it in, snap on recieves it on a friday, replaces the hard drive and ships it out on monday. My dealer areed to put 12.2 in free of chare for my trouble......

So long story short, my verdict is STILL locking up, battery not charging and loosing internet connection.

Is there any fix at all for this $8000 POS or do I gotta go down to snap on corporate, strap some C4 to this thing and sail it thru the front window to get their attention? I cant give it to my dealer for repair, and I cant call customer service..... Sorry for the long read
  • robertadownes
    • Aug 2012

verdict problems

I have gone thru the same problems sent the unit back 3 times

just had the unit replaced today hope this is the last of the lock ups and lost commucation and no codes when there are . Ill post again in a few days

well got my new unit still having the same issues. Iam not happy
    Last edited by robertadownes; 08-21-2012, 06:05 PM.

Comment

• rickc00
      • Dec 2010

I feel your pain. I was in similar situations with no light at the end of the tunnel.

C4 was expensive on black market so I decided to go the other way – I abandoned the use of Verdict’s main module. I started to use wireless scanner and scope with my laptop which is lighter and faster.

As an alternative, you could go to small claim court and try to force SO to accept the return of the tool for a full refund.

Comment

• robertadownes
        • Aug 2012

Verdict is in

well I recived my new verdict 4 or 5 days ago and still have the same problems no codes when there are , loos of commucation going from one module to anthoer ,no back promt , so many error messages you would have tobe programer to figure out . So come next friday back in the black box I give up. Yes the verdict is in and it does not work

Comment

• thettb
          • Aug 2012

man that sucks I love my verdict and it works great obviously your must be a POS im not doughting because when i got my first modis i threw it back at my dealer it was a huge pos i would try to get another one a complete new one but your dealers dont seem to want to help thats pretty screwed sorry to hear that as well

Comment

• Techniker
            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by rickc00
            I feel your pain. I was in similar situations with no light at the end of the tunnel.

C4 was expensive on black market so I decided to go the other way – I abandoned the use of Verdict’s main module. I started to use wireless scanner and scope with my laptop which is lighter and faster.

As an alternative, you could go to small claim court and try to force SO to accept the return of the tool for a full refund.
            Sorry to drag this topic back from the dead, but this post intrigued me. There's a way to run the Verdict scanner/scope over bluetooth on a regular laptop? Or are you just referring to different scanner/scope hardware?

In all honesty, I don't see why not. These things are just running over plain old bluetooth and the D7 is just a regular old, cheap low-end netbook- it was obsolete even when it first came out. The markup is pretty insane on this thing- lets be generous and say that the scanner and scope hardware/software value in at $4000. The other $4000 for a netbook that's MAYBE worth $100-$150 (and lets not get started on the Verus/Verus Pro)? You're looking at ~3000% markup!

The end-user could buy a MUCH better Toughbook at that price or a completely maxed out commercial laptop at that price. What Snap-On should be doing is offering their hardware/software package as an install application for the technician's already existing laptop. The system would be much faster (i.e. not limited to 1 gig RAM; 2 gigs if you hack the hardware) and would be more easily upgraded (larger HD capacity for example).

Sadly, from Snap-On's business perspective, I suspect this is exactly what they don't want and why we will never see it offered. I am sure the business model for Snap-On's diagnostic platforms revolve around that 3000% hardware markup. The platforms, and the experiences visible on this forum, are a clear indication of what is more important at Snap-On: what the SNA stock quote is, not what's good for the technician.

Comment

• cardoctor07
              • Sep 2007

Techniker you coulnt have said it any better.

Comment

• Modis500
                • Sep 2012

Guys, there's a reason their stock is up from $60 to over $85 in the matter of 3 months...maybe because of guys like us buying these pricey tools. It is quality stuff, but sometimes a bit ridiculous. I guess their thinking might be along the lines of us either spending $5-10K on a tool that covers many brands, or we can spend $3-5K on one tool that would only cover one brand (IDS, Tech 2, Consult, DRB3, etc..etc..etc..)Who knows
                "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
                Zig Ziglar

Comment

• Licorice
                  • Jun 2013

POS verdict

From day one it has locked up,can't do date streaming locks up. Tech gave me three new scanners still same ****. Dealer is lying and also tech rep. Is. Now what to do. Auto enguity has good programs. I guess the best way to say it that you have ten lbs of s--t in a two lbs. bag

Comment

• badcoupe
                    • Jan 2011

I had problems with mine after the first 6 months it was sent as much as I had it. After a few years of bitching they gave my money back and bumped me to a verus pro. I had to pay the price difference, but at least I wasn't out a lot of money. Mine was always locking up, several vehicles it wouldn't comm with when the tech2 or a generic scanner would. I could go on all day about that pos, so far 5 months in my verus has been solid though.

Comment

Working...