Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

Honda SWS Calibration Problem

The vehicle, an 07 Civic coupe, VIN 2HGFG12847H533XXX, came in with restraints code 82-12, no signal from front passengers weight sensor. I replaced the inside track assembly which contains the weight sensor. Code 82-12 is gone now but now I have 81-71, front passenger weight sensor unit does not calibrate. When I try the calibration function in the Verus I get up to the actual SWS (seat weight sensor) calibration function after turning the key off for ten seconds I get a no communication message. As far as I can tell I'm getting data from the ODS module, so I don't think it's an actual communication problem. There is also an ODS recalibration function listed in the Verus, but this is just instructions on using a shorting device to clear the memory. The actual ODS recalibration is not supported as it would be with a HDS. Sent the vehicle to the dealer. Would be nice to be able to finish the job in house. There is a TSB listed for 82-12, but only applies to 06 models. 82-12 is not listed in ShopKey but does come up on my scanner
Working...