Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • longhungsilver
    • Oct 2013

Snap on laptop

Anyone else think it's time for snap on to make a software package that works on a regular laptop? That way you can have a current and speedy laptop scanner instead of a slow outdated Verus (there, I said it!).

If your laptop were to die you could get a new one and transfer your subscription over to it.

Farfetched? Maybe....but in my opinion its a long time coming.
    Laptop
    0%
    Tablet
    0%
    keep the status quo
    0%
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Laptop based , but not internet subscription based to work

Wouldn't you just hate to find out your Verus on laptop just will quit working like your Anti-Virus after your one year subscription is up and you are forced to update at least once a year or every other update or have Jack Sh@t then with our Laptop Verus we be S.O.L.US. be careful what we ask for

Comment

• badcoupe
      • Jan 2011

I inquired about this a few years back the answer was tech support would be a pita dealing with issues each person's different laptop.

Comment

• crackerclicker
        • May 2008

Originally posted by badcoupe
        I inquired about this a few years back the answer was tech support would be a pita dealing with issues each person's different laptop.
        That may be true, but then Snap On better come up with a good excuse for why Autoenginuity is able to pull it off with a fraction of the staff Snappy has.

Comment

• longhungsilver
          • Oct 2013

Originally posted by badcoupe
          I'm sure it would be...but so what? Lol

Comment

• daveakre
            • May 2012

Don't they already offer something along these lines in their "Pass Thru?" But instead of paying Snap-On for the software, you end up paying each OEM for their coverage? Personally, with as many stability and security problems as every Windows based laptop/PC I've owned has had, I don't know that I'd want to rely on it for scanning/scoping stuff. Now if they made a Linux based package available, that'd be a different story!

-Dave

Comment

• longhungsilver
              • Oct 2013

Originally posted by daveakre
              Don't they already offer something along these lines in their "Pass Thru?" But instead of paying Snap-On for the software, you end up paying each OEM for their coverage? Personally, with as many stability and security problems as every Windows based laptop/PC I've owned has had, I don't know that I'd want to rely on it for scanning/scoping stuff. Now if they made a Linux based package available, that'd be a different story!

-Dave
              The versus runs xp with old tech processor. Why not on a win 7 fast laptop if they've already taken the plunge into the windows world?

The PTPII can run some OEM software yes.

Comment

• Crusty
                • Dec 2007

If you had given me the choice to have the software available on the dedicated SnapOn hardware AND have it available on other user supplied hardware, then I would have voted.

Having it available on laptops and tablets is a good idea but so is having a dedicated manufacturer supplied unit.

Comment

Working...