X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Chrysler Help Vehicle Data per VIN

I know of someone who's 2015 Chrysler Town and Country is coming out of basic warranty pretty soon and wants to bring it to me for future work. I asked him to request the dealer to provide him the Key Cut code (and the Security PIN code that you have to have and enter before you can program a key or remote , and even change a module.)
    I was wondering if there is a specific name of some comprehensive printout with a glossary he could request for his VIN ? (that would include all the option coding, pinion factor, radio security codes, variant coding, key cut code ,and Security PIN codes I may need to enter , when programming keys, installing a ECU, etc.)
    Don't know if Chinaman tool can do what it saying , but if it can I'll need at minimum to have the PIN code to try to do anything.
    Read something that Chrysler Fiat has come out with some MEGA CAN that will Sh@t out Spaghetti O's and ones that a regular J box won't be able to digest and work and you'll probably have to cobble a another M module on to the J1 and J2 modules. What a BS racket this programming stuff is becoming.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Witsend; 01-03-2018, 07:47 PM.
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

Without having an LSID, a good friend in a dealership or for older Chrysler products a Dmax you are not going to get the PIN. Even your Chinaman tool cannot get a PIN for an older Chrysler, neither could a DRB or Witech

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Without having an LSID, a good friend in a dealership or for older Chrysler products a Dmax you are not going to get the PIN. Even your Chinaman tool cannot get a PIN for an older Chrysler, neither could a DRB or Witech
      The dealer won't give any technician with or without a LSID the information , however I have read they will supply a registered owner of the vehicle with proof of ownership and drivers license his vehicles key cut code and his security PIN #.
      I know with Ford they have something called an As Built Data Sheet with a Legend or Glossary of coding that probably can be printed out for future reference. If you have this coding information to refer to and input on a Chinaman tool , certain modules can be replaced used without always bending over buying a subscriptions and using factory tools( Some option coding might actually appear on the car's new invoice sticker.

Comment

• Steve6911
        • Feb 2007

As Built won't help you either. It just sets up modules once replaced. I use it all the time. I doubt it will help you but, Type in a VIN and see if it helps you out

Here is Key info

And I have had the dealer give me PIN's many times, even before having an LSID. You just need to know the who to talk to and buy all your Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Fiat parts from them.

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

As Built won't help you either. It just sets up modules once replaced. I use it all the time. I doubt it will help you but, Type in a VIN and see if it helps you out

Here is Key info

And I have had the dealer give me PIN's many times, even before having an LSID. You just need to know the who to talk to and buy all your Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Fiat parts from them.
          Thanks Steve. Hopefully his dealer will accommodate him with his request, but I'm thinking I should join NASTF and look into a LSID even though I have had my Chinaman Tablet with Jbox and Windows 10 Pro laptop to try my luck re-flashing , but haven't done any yet.

Comment

• Steve6911
            • Feb 2007

An LSID is really not that bad to get as long as you have the correct insurance for your business. If you take a shot at programming try GM or Ford first as these are the simpler ones to start with.

Put this short cut on your desktop of the PC, its just a simple gateway to most of the manufacturers sites

Comment

Working...