Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flipper
    • Nov 2017

2014 silverado fob programing

can I use solus edge to program remote fob for 2014 Silverado or do I have to go to dealer
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

I would think if the Maxi Cyst shows it, there is maybe a 50 %chance it will actually work or be supported when you go to try it , if Snappy actually shows it when you go check for it when attached to vehicle , there is a 90% chance it is really going to work . Nothing ventured, nothing gained, just make sure customer has all the remotes along with him since the ones he does not provide you , will no longer work if not done together with the new ones.
    As the Chinaman seems to be downgrading some scanner functionality in order to lay sheets on the bed they'll be laying together with the OE manufacturers to return more things back to OE subscription access level for some bones thrown their way , Snappy has probably been changing the Bed Linen with the OE's twice a year for decades.
    If the Edge don't offer Fob programming ,and apprentice has a Chinaman tool, it's worth a shot, because it still might do it. I recently did 4 on a 2005 Chevy Classic , but GM new car dealers probably prefer the aftermarket to deal with the real ancient Turds (except for trade ins) , so says it's ok to get the Vatican's Blessings for the aftermarket scanner to add the remote programming function in an update now after the car is decade old or older, you no longer have to buy an OE subscription to do it. Oh Kissy Kissy, Thank you GM for saving us from would be car theives for our own security and letting us take our cars to you for a decade or more so we can give our money to you. Thanks GM for allowing Snapon to add remote key Fob programming on cars less than a decade old
    Last edited by Witsend; 01-27-2018, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• Glide
      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by flipper
      can I use solus edge to program remote fob for 2014 Silverado or do I have to go to dealer
      I don't have an edge,but my solus ultra will program them,so I would expect your edge will.

Comment

• gfuchikami
        • May 2008

Honda fob

I had an opportunity to test the Honda immobilizer programming function as my 2012 had a lock remote die (battery was good). I ordered a new blank key and was thinking of merely replacing the lock remote portion as I did with a friend's 2005 Honda. To my surprise, the newer Honda does NOT have a separate "chip" in the remote's case; it's actually part of the lock remote module. Needless to say, when I tried to start the car with the new lock module installed, it would start and die. Grabbed my Solus Ultra and found the immobilizer function had an "add key" function so I did that. Afterwards, the key was able to start the car. The only thing is now the registration shows 3 keys instead of the original 2. I guess I could've erased the keys and register each one but maybe I'll do that next time the other one fails. It's nice that we don't have to send customers to the dealer for an expensive replacement key; as long as the key will operate the lock cylilnder, on some cars we can just replace the chip module and reprogram it.

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

I had an opportunity to test the Honda immobilizer programming function as my 2012 had a lock remote die (battery was good). I ordered a new blank key and was thinking of merely replacing the lock remote portion as I did with a friend's 2005 Honda. To my surprise, the newer Honda does NOT have a separate "chip" in the remote's case; it's actually part of the lock remote module. Needless to say, when I tried to start the car with the new lock module installed, it would start and die. Grabbed my Solus Ultra and found the immobilizer function had an "add key" function so I did that. Afterwards, the key was able to start the car. The only thing is now the registration shows 3 keys instead of the original 2. I guess I could've erased the keys and register each one but maybe I'll do that next time the other one fails. It's nice that we don't have to send customers to the dealer for an expensive replacement key; as long as the key will operate the lock cylilnder, on some cars we can just replace the chip module and reprogram it.
          11-28-2017 10:58 AM
          Very Cool, I didn't know with Snap On you could add immobilizer key to any other makes of cars other than some older Fords.

Comment

Working...