• Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

Hunter Hawkeye

Comment

• greasybob
      • May 2008

Well that's disappointing, first my Apollo D9 develops a screen freeze problem. Now my TPMS4 screen goes blank every time I try to read a sensor. Screen won't come back until I restart it. Tried updating it but no change. lad I kept my TPMS3.

Comment

• Corvette Rick
        • Jul 2020

Snap on is really behind the price and creature features on TPMS. I thought the TPMS 5 was going to be good, but at the price it didnt work out of the box. I kept my old Autel which still works great. MY autel MS906 tablet is a piece of garbage compared to the Verus Edge, but it seems you really have to have a little bit of everyones stuff theres no one good company.

Comment

• greasybob
          • May 2008

Are we up and running for good this time ? Should I get some ShopKey CD's for back up ? Please don't go black again. If you do, you should at least have home page for ShopKey up to explain the technical difficulties instead of keeping us guessing.

Comment

• Nick_Taylor
            Administrator
            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by greasybob
            Are we up and running for good this time ? Should I get some ShopKey CD's for back up ? Please don't go black again. If you do, you should at least have home page for ShopKey up to explain the technical difficulties instead of keeping us guessing.
            Things are stable now. I don't know exactly what happened but it took down our communication abilities. I'm sure there will be lots of meetings after this to come up with new strategies.
            SureTrack Community Administrator, Diagnostics forum Administrator.

Comment

• greasybob
              • May 2008

So I did it, I traded in my Verus Edge and my D9 Apollo for a Zeus. It's not new but reconditioned with windows 10 upgrade. I did get a pretty good deal with 6 months of free updates with the intelligent diagnostics which I found useful on my Apollo, but the scanning particularly the graphing capabilities of it kind of sucked. Hope this scanner lasts me a good 10 years before obsolescence.

If there is one concern that I have about the Zeus it's the dongle thing getting lost or left in a vehicle. One change that I think would be helpful would be a place on the Zeus to attach the dongle when not in use. A place to clip it or slide it into that would be in full view when grabbing or putting the scanner away so there would be no doubt about it's location and serve as a reminder when exiting the vehicle.
              Last edited by greasybob; 05-10-2022, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• GypsyR
                • Jul 2017

I hate to tell you but my Verus Edge and the shop's Zeus are the EXACT same machine. The only differences being a different case, the extra "Intelligent Diagnostics App", and the smaller and better dongle. I wouldn't have made THAT trade.
                I have been considering buying a Zeus dongle for my Edge though. I never like the big "soap on a rope" thing. I've already verified that my Edge works fine with the Zeus's dongle.

Comment

• Crossland Auto
                  • Jul 2014

Hello? Anybody there? I know it has been a while: The last 4 years have been hell... Good to see a familiar name still here... Gotta go backwards to see what I have missed.

X

Comment

• Matt
                    • Dec 2008

We're still here. Good to have you back. Turns out they are still breaking cars in my neck of the woods.

Comment

• greasybob
                      • May 2008

How many times will I fall for this. Most German cars if the hood or rear hatch isn't closed, or the ECU doesn't recognize them as being closed, the wipers will be inoperative. DUH !!!!

Comment

• diesel71
                        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by greasybob
                        How many times will I fall for this. Most German cars if the hood or rear hatch isn't closed, or the ECU doesn't recognize them as being closed, the wipers will be inoperative. DUH !!!!
                        wish i had seen your great tip a month ago. we never work on anything besides diesels here, we looked at one for a friend and kicked my butt for a hole day before i found the rear hatch switch was bad, causing the wipers to not work.

Comment

• greasybob
                          • May 2008

Horror stories from the Body Shop

So the body shop sends over this 2018 Chrysler Pacifica with a check engine light, nothing new there. Found code U11E9, lost of communication with the Active Grille Shutter. Ok, so maybe a broken wire in the front bumper cover. Back probed the wires at the connector, got power and ground but nothing on the LIN communication wire. Unplug the connector and checked continuity through the wire all the way back to the PCM, all good. I even load tested the circiut with a 10 amp load, still good. I back probed the lin wire with ASG disconnected and found a good LIN communication wave form, hmmmm? As soon as I plugged the connector in the wave form went to ground. So maybe we have a bad shutter assembly ? Tried a new one, same thing, comm goes to ground when plugged in. OK so this thing has been replaced by the body shop before I got it. Pin 1 is ground and pin 2 is the LIN wire . Connector seems ok too, nothing shorting in there. I checked the resistance on the terminals on the shutter assembly Found them to be shorted on both assemblies. So looked on shopkey to check the pin outs on different model years and sure enough a 2020 is different. The ground is now pin 4 and the LIN is on pin is on pin 3. So rearanged the wires in the connector and problem solved. But why did Chrysler change the pin out ? Found that they had sent an updated wire harness to the Body Shop but they failed to install it because there was nothing wrong with the old one. The least you could do if you're going to change the pin out on something you could change the connector so it doesn't plug in !! And that was my morning.

Comment

• Skip
                            Super Moderator
                            • Apr 2008

My guess, it was cheaper.

Comment

• greasybob
                              • May 2008

So now every time I service a new GM with the new Integrated Brake control Module I find my self with a C2A20 or other code which is either for a brake leak or excessive sponginess because obviously you have to pump the brake to get the brakes adjusted. The code cannot be simply cleared but a reset procedure must be performed. At the minimum this is taking 5 minutes and if the calipers were replaced or the hydraulic system was opened it's maybe more like a half hour by the time you do all the bleeds and travel, and pressure resets, not to mention the time it takes to figure which ones are necessary. Maybe a fast track method in the scanner to service brakes could be done ? Or at least a step by step to speed up the procedures. Any suggestions for speedier brake service ?

Comment

Working...