X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Modis500
    • Sep 2012

Buzzing upon startup!!!

Hello guys,

It's been a LONG time since I've posted on here. Just picked up a used Vantage Pro from my dealer, knowing it needs work. Well, it just buzzes (beeps) continuously upon hitting the power button. Is this thing fried? He mentioned it's possibly a Level III repair at San Jose. Anyone had this happen, and can anyone on here help me fix it with another board? Anyone know of a vendor who sells them? San Jose said its $400+ to fix.
    Please chime in and let me know if I should just sell for parts or if I can do it myself

Thanks

Tom
    "If you aim for nothing, you'll hit it every time!"
    Zig Ziglar
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

I think it possibly might share the same battery as a Solus Pro if you could try a known good battery in it .

Comment

• Modis500
      • Sep 2012

I tried a 12V adapter too. No luck. Definitely not a power supply issue
      Zig Ziglar

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

Is the CF card still good?

Did you take the CF card out and try to copy it to a folder on your PC and see if your PC tells you that it cannot do it because some of the contents are damaged or corrupt?
        Did you take the card out and try to power it on without any card in it? Maybe just take it apart and magnify in on stuff. Sometimes a good smartphone pictures taken under good lighting takes decent pictures of the board and solder joints you can zoom in on.

Comment

• Tech10
          • Mar 2008

What does it do with the CF card removed when you power it on? It seems you have an issue with the motherboard. First do a battery reset (drain all the caps), then use your ac adapter to power it on. If that does not work then what I would suggest is you take it completely apart and clean it if its dirty also re-seat all connectors especially the processor card that's connected on the motherboard then see what happens.

Comment

• Witsend
            Banned
            • Nov 2012

Maybe the strange looking 3" long shiny copper colored Chip that looks like it's detached on one side from the board is really that giant centipede your wife saw in the kitchen last month

Comment

• Modis500
              • Sep 2012

I did pull the CF card out and had no luck. I pushed all the buttons inside on the motherboard and restarted and had no luck. Thanks for the input
              Zig Ziglar

Comment

Working...