X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Recording playback and graphing

I was always one that watched data on the scanner as it happened and seldom made recordings and played things back. Back in the days of Ford WDS, If you saved a recording and played it back , I think you could just play things back in real time as if you were watching the screen driving instead of always having to drag a point on a cursor at the bottom of the screen. Kind of would be nice to have your cake and eat it too.
  • GypsyR
    • Jul 2017

Not sure what you're saying. With a Verus Edge, Zeus, and Verdict we play back automatically, fast or slow and can click along frame by frame if we like. Or drag to to point we want and hold or playback from that point. Can't imagine any thing else we'd want to do that it won't. Play in reverse?

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

I haven't used a Verus , but watching you tube video on recording playback it appeared to me that you have to manually move the dot on time Cursor to watch the changes . I seem to have to do this with my @utel I'm trying to figure out if I can or cannot somehow just play things back without having to manually drag the cursor dot or advance frame by frame. Playback Just Seems kinda tedious and @utkward without automatic playback

Last edited by Witsend; 12-06-2017, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• GypsyR
        • Jul 2017

I think you CAN scroll through that way if you like. I haven't felt the need to with all the other viewing options available. I can only speak for the scanners I've used this way as above.

Comment

• phill57
          • Oct 2007

scrolling playback data

Originally posted by Witsend
          I haven't used a Verus , but watching you tube video on recording playback it appeared to me that you have to manually move the dot on time Cursor to watch the changes . I seem to have to do this with my @utel I'm trying to figure out if I can or cannot somehow just play things back without having to manually drag the cursor dot or advance frame by frame. Playback Just Seems kinda tedious and @utkward without automatic playback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CK04nli070
          This is one area the Autel scanners, or at least the ones that I've tried, fall short. There is no playback option. You must repeatedly click through the frames. Very painful. The other shortfall is they only record the data that was visible on the screen during the original capture. To me this is worse than the lack of playback function.

Here is a comparison Video on a Maxysys 908 I believe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBzdZYPeSsM
          Last edited by phill57; 12-21-2017, 11:08 AM. Reason: added video link

Comment

Working...