Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andybaz
    • Apr 2009

peug diag codes 225 & 226

Hi all,any one come across these codes before.

Car misfiring, no eml light on,then after a while codes 225 & 226 show still with no eml light on.

New sparkplugs fitted, donor coil from good car tested,compressiontest good, blockleak test good.

Codes according to solus pro - ign cyl 1 circuit and ign cyl 2 circuit.

Im guessing now that the problem is in the ecu or wiring,poor choice of functions on the s'pro to chose from.

Look forwards to any views.
    Cheers andy
    Toyota pro tech & ata
    PRESTATYN - RHYL - BUCKLEY & MOLD surrounding area plug in
  • David Green
    • Oct 2009

You need to look into live data and see the misfire count. You could also look into pending codes for any information, also have a look at the graphing function and see what shows up there.

Misfires are normally plugs, leads (Wires) 'If fitted' coils, injectors or even a compression leak, but I have never experienced an ECM causing a misfire?

Check also sensors like crank angle which could give the same sympoms?

Good hunting

David

Comment

• andybaz
      • Apr 2009

Hi David, no misfire count available on the pro 10.2 s/ware,live data is very poor and there is no link on the machine for pending codes,pretty poor realy,
      car misfires with no codes,left runing for a while then rechecked for codes, no eml light on at any time, but at recheck,the codes in question appear- 225 & 226.

Checking the crank angle,i will admit is beyond me at present and no data on the pro for crank values.
      I have been informed that it is possible for a misfire to back track some how to the ecu and corrupt its programme,how this happens i dont understand, we have a p206 owner at work who has had this happen to their daughters car.

I am reading the car via the manufacturer option, just thought there may be more data available in the EOBD program,but im pretty sure i checked that aswell,hence why mentioned it on here.

Will report back when hopefully get to the bottom of the cause.

Cheers andy
      Toyota pro tech & ata
      PRESTATYN - RHYL - BUCKLEY & MOLD surrounding area plug in

Comment

• autodoc
        • Aug 2008

have a look at the inj ms and what the readings are if it's higher than 3.5 at idle then i think you're going to need to replace the injectors a scope would be better at checking them though

Comment

Working...