Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobob
    • Aug 2007

solus 7.2 solus pro

i got my solus w/7.2 about a week ago but on web site they only show the solus pro. whats the difference?
  • dbarnes5654
    • Apr 2007

Bobob, I have the pro. It has a battery just like the vantage pro, the screen seems a little bit better to see, the buttons have a better feel to them, a more positive feel, it is instant on when connected to a power supply and has a battery meter display on the screen if you are runnig on the battery. It shows you if you are hooked up to vehicle power or ac power in the same display. It has a larger hard drive. It comes with all OBD 2 connectors. You would have to purchase OBD1 connectors if you wanted them and if you have euro or big truck, there is a $50 reflash fee. I'm sure your dealer will do what mine did. He threw in the older connectors and had my euro card reflashed for free. The software is the same as the solus. It comes with 7.3 and won't be updated until 8.2 is released. HTH, Don

Comment

• Christopher
      • May 2007

Originally posted by dbarnes5654
      there is a $50 reflash fee. I'm sure your dealer will do what mine did.

What is this $50 reflash fee?

I have the solus with Euro, and was talking to my dealer about trading up, about he said I had to rebuy the Euro .

My dealer is still in the dark ages.

Anyone from Snap-on care to pipe up on how this is suppost to work?

Maybe I shouldn't complain, he made a pretty good trade in offer.
      Last edited by Christopher; 09-12-2007, 09:41 PM. Reason: Grammer

Comment

• dbarnes5654
        • Apr 2007

Chris, This is what my dealer told me. I traded in my solus for $2500 and he picked up the add ons. Euro is supposed to be a one time purchase. Personally, I would tell my dealer, if you want me to buy this, you put the euro back in! Again, as far as software goes, the pro is not any different than the solus. Don

Comment

• Dennis W
          • Aug 2007

Have had my Pro for about two weeks and like it. But my dealer thru in nothing, I paid for the other adapters. He did give me a good trade in on the brick which was having problems.

Now if I can figure out how to print or download files, I'll be happy!

Comment

• dbarnes5654
            • Apr 2007

Dennis, Download shopstream connect. It's a free download from snapon Here's the link, http://diagnostics.snapon.com/display/2899.nws. You will be able to download any of your saved files,including movies, in your solus to your computer and print them out from there. Shopstream is a really great program and once you start using it, you will love it. As far as uploading files to this site, I personally haven't tried it yet so I can't help you there. If you don't want to use shopstream, then you can put in a cf card and save everything to that. Then get a card reader and you can view and print your bitmaps from there. You won't be able to view movies because your computer won't reconize the file extension (.scm).HTH, Don

Comment

• Dennis W
              • Aug 2007

I have not been able to get the PC and solus to communicate, but have other problems with the laptop, so anyything else I can do will have to wait. At least it is still under warranty, just have not had internet for a week, and at least 2 more waiting for repair.

Comment

• nd4mr2spd
                Snap-on DSD
                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Dennis W
                Have had my Pro for about two weeks and like it. But my dealer thru in nothing, I paid for the other adapters. He did give me a good trade in on the brick which was having problems.

Now if I can figure out how to print or download files, I'll be happy!
                go through the training DVD that comes with each of our products -

Comment

Working...