Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitch S.
    • Oct 2007

7.4 Changing BMW codes

Checking out a 97 BMW 328iC. First time I checked codes Solus told me (among other codes) that I had a "code 115 Tank differential press snsr".
    Next time I checked it came up as a "code 11 Tank differential press snsr",
    last time I checked it showed a "code 112 Tank differential press snsr".
    Global OBDII showed a code P0451 Evap press snsr.

The sensor wiring was damaged so it was a true code, but why did the number keep changing? (BTW Alldata shows 112 to be a TPS code, it has no listing for 11 or 115).
  • Steve6911
    • Feb 2007

mitch

You are correct about 11 and 115 not being listed by Alldata, and 112 is listed as a TPS fault. I have found 7.4 to have its share of glitches . I would go with the Global code as it appears you have done. Report the problem to tech support with as much info as possible including vehicle VIN. They can only fix these problems if they are aware of them!

Comment

• Mitch S.
      • Oct 2007

I assume (hope) this board is monitored by SnapOn techs. Frankly I'd rather not have to bother telephoning them, though I agree it's importiant to report this stuff.
      This may not be a 7.4 only problem - I never checked this vehicle/code on earlier releases.
      Oh, and if a tech is monitoring - is it possible to see the after cat O2 snsr data? Solus doesn't show it, but I find it tough to believe BMW doesn't provide it.
      PS VIN# WBABK8322VET95742

Comment

Working...