Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GP Commercials Belfast
    • Apr 2011

BMW E60 520d Engine ecu not reading at times,

Has anyone had trouble with basic accessing engine management ecu on this make and model " BMW e60 520d", Also e90 320d does same, running ethos on 10.4, waiting for upgrade to come through to 11.2 to see if it makes a difference, only upside is it uses 93L connection lead so no changing off keys to rule out, it accesses all other ecu's i.e: abs, srs, trans, body, instrument etc, though will no communication with engine,
  • andybaz
    • Apr 2009

Hi, not sure what you mean by 93L, im using a solus pro, looking at buying another machine, i can read BM's no probs running 10.4 software.

All i can say, apologies if you already know, if the BM is fitted with the round 20pin plug you will still need to use this, i think as i had a issue with a BM, i was using the 16 pin inside the car and could not read the engine and so i had to plug into the round 20pin and it worked.

Hope you get sorted, spread the word to get all the UK techy's on here to assist each other, we pay enouh for the kit and should not have to pay another fee for a forum where i am lead to believe there is a UK SO rep who monitors this area.

I am currently wainting myself on assistance for SO HO UK.
    Toyota pro tech & ata
    PRESTATYN - RHYL - BUCKLEY & MOLD surrounding area plug in

Comment

• markt
      • Apr 2011

not used an ethos so not sure why they dont need the key system
      pity us solus pro users have to.lol
      if it does have the 20 pin connector make sure the top is securely fastened as this has a bridging link built into it..same applies to the use of the 20 pin connector if a sixteen pin dlc is fitted make sure the cover is fitted.

Comment

Working...