Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BMW JEDI
    • Feb 2012

SOLUS Ultra Feature Requests

I would like to start a thread dedicated to feature requests for the Solus Ultra.

I would like to start the thread by requesting a feature to save a diagnostic report to a text file.

Once communicating with a control unit, and reading stored FC's, a "Save Diagnostic Report" option would write a text file to memory with control module ID information and stored FC information. The text file should be named by VIN, Control Unit, and date/time.

This function would save a lot of time and space, as we currently have to take multiple screen shots trying to be sure to capture all the information, and then move between saved screen images trying to review the information later.

Perhaps, a "Diagnostic Reports" directory could be created with sub-directories named by Year, Make, Model, VIN to save and easily find stored diagnostic reports.
  • BMW JEDI
    • Feb 2012

Feature Request #2

Recently, some OEM Scan Tools have added a very powerful, yet simple to implement diagnostic function I would very much like to see simulated on the Solus Ultra.

When viewing live data in any given control module, we currently have the ability to configure custom data lists to view only the data we need to see, and increase data refresh speeds at the same time.

I would ask that Snap-On take one more step, and allow us to SAVE the current data list to an .xml file on the uSD card.

Simple "Save Data List" and "Load Data List" buttons would be added to the menu bar within the live data screen.

Selecting "Save Data List" would bring up an alpha-numeric keyboard allowing the user to type a meaningful name for the file, and selecting "Save" would save an .xml file with the needed information for later recall.

Selecting "Load Data List" would list saved data lists for the currently active control module, and selecting any would immediately start the live data view with exactly the settings saved with that data list file.

Saved .xml files should retain active data fields, as well as locked data fields, PID or graph display, etc, when saved and loaded.

This would allow techs to save common setups for modules/tests they use often, greatly speeding up the diagnostic process.

Each .xml file would have to contain information about the control module it applies to so the Solus Ultra can index, display, and recall only applicable data lists within any given module.

Comment

• BMW JEDI
      • Feb 2012

Feature Request #3

With all the new found screen real estate on the Solus Ultra, how about allowing us to view/graph six data fields at a time, instead of only four? Might even be able to get eight on the screen!

Comment

Working...