Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trindaddy
    • Jan 2010

Found large leak.....what is it?

Hi friends, been a while. Hope everyone is well. Could use some help on this 2006 Jetta 2.5. After finding smoke from the evap tester bellowing out from the top of the fuel tank i removed the round access panel under the rear seat for a look. There I found smoke spewing from a single nipple on the top of the pump assembly. The white plastic nipple is at a slight angle and looks like the traditional "old style" male hose fitting. There are no unaccounted for lines or caps anywhere. Capping this nipple reduces flow in system to 0. But I was hoping someone knows what was here before. Was it a cap or plug? There are 2 fuel lines and the wire harness connector here also. The fuel lines are of "quick connect" design and look undisturbed. Any memories would be great! I can't find a picture, diagram or info that suggests what might go here anywhere.
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

What does this use for vapor mangement ? is there a line running to the purge valve ? Does this have a leakdetection pump ? Can you find the hose that runs to the cannister ?

Comment

• Trindaddy
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by greasybob
      What does this use for vapor mangement ? is there a line running to the purge valve ?
      Yes
      Does this have a leakdetection pump ?
      Yes
      Can you find the hose that runs to the cannister ?
      Probably, I haven't needed to go there yet. The area surrounding the top of the tank and pump assy is quite open and easy to see. There doesn't appear to be a line disconnected. Furthermore, simply plugging this fitting seals the system further suggesting that there is no open-ended line somewhere.

Is that where you were going Greasy? Thanks bud.

Comment

• greasybob
        • May 2008

If plugging that outlet seals off the system I would think that it should go to the cannister.

Comment

• Trindaddy
          • Jan 2010

Saw this car for LOF again last week. All has been well since I plugged this open port a month or so ago. Apparently the cap that was once there either fell off, was chewed off, or just deteriorated. Something to watch out for. Thanks for the input Greasy, again.

Neil

Comment

• Joe Rappa
            Snap-on DSD
            • Aug 2007

Thanks for the update. I've been wondering how you made out with it.

Joe
            "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
            Henry Ford

Comment

Working...