Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

05 Dura Max P0046 And P2563 Sensor Discrepancy

Wasn't sure where to post this because it's a question about a vehicle problem and the voltage amplitude of the sensor as it is stated in the trouble shooter. The problem is a P0046 and P2563 in the ECM but the trouble shooter for P2563 states that the turbo vane position sensor should have an amplitude difference of .2 to 4.9 volts and the scope shows that when I activate the sensor from 0% to 100% the voltage from the sensor only changes from 3 volts to about 3.75 volts yet the scanner shows the sensor going from 0% to 100%. The problem with the sensor from what I see on both the scanner and the scope is when the turbo vanes are commanded any where in between 0 and 100% the sensor voltage is bouncing all around but when commanded full on or off the voltage steady's out. Any ideas on what is at fault here ? The sensor or the solenoid or is something broke in the turbo ? It was hard to get a good screen capture because there is a functional test in the scanner but not in the component tests, so the timing on the two screens doesn't exactly match. I think I have some more data captured that I will try to post later. Just tpo clarify the discrepancy is not between the scope and scanner but with what the trouble shooter states as sensor range and what the scope shows. There is no sensor range listed in shopkey that I could find.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by greasybob; 01-14-2013, 06:02 PM.
  • greasybob
    • May 2008

Ok, so I had a chance to check a known good 05 Dura Max turbo vane position sensor on another vehicle (no codes). This time I got the scope sweep rate and the scanner to match up a little better. It seems that the trouble shooter is correct, the voltage range of the throttle vane postition sensor is 0 to 5 volts. Now my question is why on the first vehicle I tested does the actual position pid on the scanner read 0 to 100% when the voltage measured at the sensor only varies from 3 to about 3.75 volts.
    Attached Files

Comment

Working...