• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • allegheny
    • Apr 2013

Which used scanner to purchase?

Hello,

My first post, and my question is:
    Which used Snap-on scanner would be best for my 1996 Ford F350 7.3L Powerstroke diesel? My budget is roughly $500-1200.

Thanks!
  • crackerclicker
    • May 2008

Originally posted by allegheny
    Hello,

My first post, and my question is:
    Which used Snap-on scanner would be best for my 1996 Ford F350 7.3L Powerstroke diesel? My budget is roughly $500-1200.

Thanks!
    Most of the Snappy scanners essentially have the same functionality. An old Solus will easily find it's way into your price range. Also, the better Solus Pro is coming down in price in places like ebay. Just know that most advances in Snappy's diesel coverage has come in the later software builds, so you will want to find something with a somewhat newer update.

Comment

• GM guy
      • Dec 2006

Scanner

Well, I owned this very same truck. I have used mt2500, solus, solus pro & modis on it it with no problems running latest software for platform. I was always able to do injector tests, glow plug tests, cyl contribution.
      HTH

Comment

• allegheny
        • Apr 2013

Thanks for the quick replies! I will keep an eye on Ebay for a Solus, as the Solus Pro seems out of my budget right now.

Comment

• Crusty
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by allegheny
          Thanks for the quick replies! I will keep an eye on Ebay for a Solus, as the Solus Pro seems out of my budget right now.
          While the Solus will do the job, go for the Solus-PRO. Much better tool and more usefull in the future.

Comment

Working...