Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Any of you Blokes over in UK know how to make a Picoscope Emulator for a Hantek

Hey , I'm a Bottom Feeder here in The USA that would love to have an awesome Quad Picoscope, but only have the budget for a $200 Hantek Quad , and was wondering where I could get or make aBloody Picoscope Emulator for a Hantek , so I could run the free Picoscope software using a $200 Hantek ?
  • crackerclicker
    • May 2008

Why? The Hantek stuff is mostly ripped off from old Pico stuff anyway.

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

Re : any such a thing as a Pico scope emulator

Even if a Hantek 4 channel scope might be a so called Chinese Knock off of a Pico scope Hardware wise, The USB device has to have some sort of an electronic ID or a simple internal key code like PIC0B00ICU2 , so the PC's Device manager can search for and find a suitable driver or program to utilize the device's program. Just wondering if anyone somehow has successfully used a Hantek USB scope with Pico scope software somehow?

Comment

• crackerclicker
        • May 2008

Actually, I was joking about Hantek's software. I know it wasn't helpful, but I do hope you find what you're looking for.

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

That's ok most of the stuff from China is a knock off anyway

except they make a few minor changes to fix a few weak links of the copied product and sell an improved product with less R&D involved and much lower labor costs. I wouldn't be surprised if Autel's MaxiSys Pro is going to run a Piggybacked Hantek built 4 channel USB oscilloscope attachment for The Maxi-Sys Pro. I'm sure it will give the same capability to view patterns on the Maxi Sys Pro screen as The Pico provides on a laptop but without Windows Uddates and antivirus , you'll actually be able to separate the scope part from the scanner to send it in for repair , but as long as Snap On software coverage improves fast enough to fill in all the holes I hear folk bitching about their Verus , and gives enough guided diagnostics to save shops the extra time to cover a least a good $6k price difference, It's a **** Shot . There are still a dieing breed of folk that are still trying to be true blooded Americans that will buy a Harley Davidson Soft tail that is slightly slower and antiquated than a Yamaha Star Warrior for less money but there is something about a Glorious brand name that still has made in USA tools (A name thaty is still salvageable on The Diagnostic side for all the old glory reputation )that folk still have The Faith as Snap On Legendary Hand tools

Comment

• maven
            • Mar 2014

Wit....are you drunk? WTH are you on about here?
            You want to get a work around to use a cheap scope made in China with arguably one of the best scope software suites sourced from Britain, talking about true blooded Americans and Old glory reputations while defending the quality of reverse engineereing, cloning , patent ignoring, factories which often have little to no regard for natural or human resources......not sure where you're going in all this. Just saying

Comment

• sbreland73
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by maven
              Wit....are you drunk? WTH are you on about here?
              You want to get a work around to use a cheap scope made in China with arguably one of the best scope software suites sourced from Britain, talking about true blooded Americans and Old glory reputations while defending the quality of reverse engineereing, cloning , patent ignoring, factories which often have little to no regard for natural or human resources......not sure where you're going in all this. Just saying

I second that.
              S. Breland

Comment

• dlm1
                • Jul 2014

Try removing the OEM.dll from your pico software? Pico is open source.
                Rigol Scopes and equipment are Nice..

Comment

• Witsend
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2012

Hi Dlm1 I already bought an old Counselor 2 , I'm still getting the hang of setting the lab scope to view dual traces if I really need to, so that's kinda cooled down the Beer Budget Jets for lusting after a Vantage Pro or a Hantek. Beer Budget or not , It's still kinda love for a 4 channel Pico, if the Pico works with a Windows 8.1 laptop yet?, I would never try to alter a Pico scope's software, but if someone already makes a cheap inline chip that would emulate a Pico and allow you to use another scope with the Pico software, I was just curious if it exists yet in the UK.
                  Last edited by Witsend; 08-11-2014, 06:14 AM.

Comment

• crackerclicker
                    • May 2008

Originally posted by Witsend
                    Beer Budget or not , It's still kinda love for a 4 channel Pico, if the Pico works with a Windows 8.1 laptop yet?,
                    Yes, and it has for some time.

Originally posted by Witsend
                    I would never try to alter a Pico scope's software, but if someone already makes a cheap inline chip that would emulate a Pico and allow you to use another scope with the Pico software, I was just curious if it exists yet in the UK.
                    An emulator would be quite pointless as Pico makes software revisions more often than you change your underwear.

If you really want a Hantek, then use their software. Since you enjoy working with the Counselor, the Hantek should feel like a giant leap in technology. Just pretend you never heard of Pico.

Comment

Working...