X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dan-46
    • Mar 2015

15.4 update

Hi ☺

Does anyone know when 15.4 well be released? Keep seeing adverts, but nothing coming up on shop stream connect.

Also will the UK get sure track?

Dan
  • landroverman1958
    • Feb 2010

probably around the middle of the month,you cannot access sure track in the uk,were not on the list of approved countries,

Comment

• wagzilla
      • Oct 2014

15.4 is now out.

James

Comment

• Joe Rappa
        Snap-on DSD
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by wagzilla
        15.4 is now out.

James
        Is it released in the US. That may not be the case in the UK though.
        Also, as landroverman says, the latest updates are not available through Shopstream Connect. They are purchased from Snap-on. If your Dealer uses Scanbay, he can update your scanner right on his truck. If not, you order a new flash card with the update on it.
        Software patches are available through Shopstream Connect in the US market. I don't know about other places though.

Joe
        "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
        Henry Ford

Comment

• Witsend
          Banned
          • Nov 2012

I might be wrong , but I think this might be the Last Hurrah update you will ever be able to get for an original Solus. The old Solus I had w 6.4 was new in 04 ,so over a decade pushing 11 or 12 years of update support is a pretty long time. How long was the original MT2500 out and supported by updates ? Not much history to be found on Wiki, I figure there has got to be a Dyed In The Wool Snap On Guy that bought "The New MT2500 the first year it came out and maybe spent another $15K updating it 15 years. In today's world of super affordable Tablet Technology and $2500 Chinese Scanners, People like that should just be rewarded the next successor Hardware upgrade or at least get free European activation with x # year s of paid updates under their belts. LOL
          Last edited by Witsend; 10-11-2015, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• wagzilla
            • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Joe Rappa
            Is it released in the US. That may not be the case in the UK though.
            Also, as landroverman says, the latest updates are not available through Shopstream Connect. They are purchased from Snap-on. If your Dealer uses Scanbay, he can update your scanner right on his truck. If not, you order a new flash card with the update on it.
            Software patches are available through Shopstream Connect in the US market. I don't know about other places though.

Joe
            I get verus pro updated today. The SO called me over to his house this afternoon. I really like the over views in the diagnostic forums 5.2 was really good. look foreword to 15.4

James

Comment

• chopperb
              • Aug 2013

When is 15.4 going to be pushed for subscribers in the USA?

Comment

• Joe Rappa
                Snap-on DSD
                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Witsend
                I might be wrong , but I think this might be the Last Hurrah update you will ever be able to get for an original Solus. The old Solus I had w 6.4 was new in 04 ,so over a decade pushing 11 or 12 years of update support is a pretty long time. How long was the original MT2500 out and supported by updates ? Not much history to be found on Wiki, I figure there has got to be a Dyed In The Wool Snap On Guy that bought "The New MT2500 the first year it came out and maybe spent another $15K updating it 15 years. In today's world of super affordable Tablet Technology and $2500 Chinese Scanners, People like that should just be rewarded the next successor Hardware upgrade or at least get free European activation with x # year s of paid updates under their belts. LOL
                The MT2500 was supported 18 years total. The Solus for nearly as long. The last update for the Solus was 15.2 Support is now over for that scanner too.

As you noted, you spend more money on the updates than you do on the hardware. That's the way it is. Scan tools certainly don't have an exclusive on that though. Engineers running CAD will tell you that you can spend $2k on a computer to run a $20k program. No free updates on that stuff either. Hardware is cheap. Software is sometimes not.

Software updates are less expensive than they were for the MT2500. I remember paying $1700+ to update mine. A new one could be had for $2100.00 Scanner updates are around half that now. Updates for scanner/meter combos are still less than that. Updates only come out once a year in those days though.

Joe
                "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
                Henry Ford

Comment

• dan-46
                  • Mar 2015

My snap on dealer told me last week there was a problem with the program on shop stream connect and it would not find the latest update for my modis ultra. This has now been sorted and 15.4 can be upload (subscription only)

Dan

Comment

• landroverman1958
                    • Feb 2010

The !5.4 software was released monday this week,
                    I had mine off my dealer by usb,suretrack is available with the solus edge,don,t know about any other platforms,hth

Comment

Working...