Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • STURNER
    • Oct 2014

Silverado SDM

2014 Silverado 2500. Was bought wrecked. Brought to me from body shop. Supposed to have new driver air bag and SDM. Airbag light flashes. NO CODES. Using Solus Ultra under Primary Key Data, module setup pid states incomplete. Setup new SDM is required. Setup SDM primary key in BCM is not required. Using CardaqM to program SDM states cannot reprogram with same calibration. Did it anyway. No different. Called tech line. Was told I couldn't work on this truck without GDS2. When I asked what GDS2 would do that I couldn't do, they had no answer. They then ran the VIN and said they couldn't help me any further because it came up totaled. Two questions. 1 Any idea why the module setup is incomplete? 2 Is there anything GDS2 will do that a Solus Ultra and a CardaqM cannot? Thanks Friends.
  • hhong12dlm
    • Mar 2013

were you able to do this step ?
    if not that may be the prob?

In the Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module, Configuration / Reset Functions menu, select Configure New Module.

Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module Programming and Setup

Note: The air bag indicator light may remain ON after the body control module (BCM), or inflatable restraint sensing and diagnostic module (SDM) is replaced, and during the programming procedure for the BCM until after the procedure is completed. When installing a new SDM, there may be several DTCs set prior to programming. Once programmed, these DTCs should be in history and can be cleared.

Ignition ON, program the SDM. Refer to Service Programming System (SPS).
    In the Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module, Configuration / Reset Functions menu, select Setup SDM Part Number in BCM. Follow the scan tool on screen instructions.
    In the Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module, Configuration / Reset Functions menu, select Configure New Module. Follow the scan tool on screen instructions. If during this procedure a fault is detected, the SDM will not allow this procedure to complete. Repair any existing DTCs, then use the scan tool to command the Configuration / Reset Function again.
    Cycle the ignition from OFF to ON. Verify no DTCs are set. If any DTCs are set, refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) List - Vehicle.

Comment

• greasybob
      • May 2008

Isn't there an SDM setup function (not programming) in the SPS ? It should follow the programming menu, or may be a separate entry on the main menu. I don't see any module setup functions in the Snap On software for this vehicle.

Comment

• greasybob
        • May 2008

Did you check the passenger presence system for codes ?

Comment

• greasybob
          • May 2008

Another thing to check since this is a builder, do the VIN numbers all match ? Is this a NEW SDM ? Or new as in " we got it out of another vehicle".

Comment

• STURNER
            • Oct 2014

Solus and SPS both have the function to set up SDM Primary Key in BCM. Both report that this function already performed. No codes in Passenger Pressence. I believe the SDM is a refurbished unit. I don't think the Solus Ultra contains a configuration/reset function.

Comment

• hhong12dlm
              • Mar 2013

The proceedure I listed is out of GM, serv info, they world be refering
              to GDS2 functions as pretty much all GM cars 2014 and up use GDS2,
              as the factory scantool.

Comment

• greasybob
                • May 2008

In most of the GM vehicles the set up is 2 parts. First the SDM primary key to the BCM and 2nd part is the SDM set up is what I guess you could call learning it's environment. If all the air bag devices are not present or if there are more devices (pretensioners, roll over modules, etc) than what the software calls for this set up will fail. If the front air bag was deployed then the drivers side pretensioners in all likely hood also deployed. Is every thing plug in and accounted for.

Comment

• STURNER
                  • Oct 2014

Bought the subscription for GDS2 this morning. It has the configure new SDM function which the Solus Ultra does not. Pushed one button and everything is fixed. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

• greasybob
                    • May 2008

Glad it worked. Strange, last night I looked it up on my Verus as 2014 Silverado RWD and there are no set up functions in the menu. Today I looked up the same vehicle as a 4WD and both set up functions are available.

Comment

Working...