Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djusc122
    • Feb 2016

Ford misfire data

Has anyone noticed the crappy ford misfire data since 15.4.
  • Dashinoku
    • Aug 2016

Originally posted by djusc122
    Has anyone noticed the crappy ford misfire data since 15.4.
    Yeah, got to do the cylinder contribution test for the misfire data now... It's way more accurate

Comment

• Witsend
      Banned
      • Nov 2012

I recently replaced an intake manifold on an old 96 Ford Thunderbird 4.6 where the customer declined removal and replacement of all the spark plugs he claimed to had replaced only a year ago(I at least wanted to pull them all to insure the outsides of all the plugs were immaculate and free of any residual coolant) but just blew out all the spark plug holes with compressed air . Seemed doing so, just got dirty coolant mist on the ceramic of some of the plugs and the power balance test pinpointed 2 misfiring cylinders right away , but one misfire developed on another afterwards that had to be dealt with, so if I get another I will include the time to remove and clean all the plugs , rather than just blowing the holes out.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Witsend; 09-09-2016, 08:02 AM.

Comment

• sbreland73
        • Jan 2009

In Generic OBDII if you select $06 (Mode 6) you can find the misfire numerator for specific cylinders. Very easy to do. Pre CAN vehicles used Test ID 53, Can Vehicles have each cylinder listed.
        S. Breland

Comment

• djusc122
          • Feb 2016

I don't mind the cylinder contribution test but since 15:4 the values for the test have changed dramatically and are now harder to read. I have a verus also with 15.2 and it reads much better misfire data on fords then my Solus ultra with 15 4. I hope the new update will correct this

Comment

Working...