Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ephratah service center
    • Oct 2007

evap bay test

Does any one have a list of what years, makes, models that service bay test are available for that will complete the evap monitors? Or even what years makes and models are available for to just do the bay test even if it will not complete the monitor?
    I have looked for this info and cant seem to find it.
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by ephratah service center
    Does any one have a list of what years, makes, models that service bay test are available for that will complete the evap monitors? Or even what years makes and models are available for to just do the bay test even if it will not complete the monitor?
    I have looked for this info and cant seem to find it.
    I have seen it on a 2005 GM pickup. Probably near the start of GM augmenting their LAN with CAN.
    All the SBT does is relax the warm temperatures and the variance between the IAT & the CTS. You still have to drive it according to their conditions which is sometimes not easy depending on traffic & road conditions.
    BTW, every time I've needed to command it to run, the codes need to be cleared before it will allow it to even start. This clears all the other monitors so we're starting everything all over again.
    If you've got all the other monitors complete, you may not want to force the SBT to run.
    Just run the vehicle according to the conditions for the P0440, P0442, P04xx-?? codes applicable for the vehicle. This information is in the code conditions in the service information.

Comment

• MCurtis
      • Oct 2009

What I have come to see none of the scan tools will run a monitor test because that would take a lot of time... but they do an in bay test with the exception to GM, some of those you will have to drive... The reason why they wont do a full monitor test is the Small and very small (toyota) EVAP Leak, that generally is done when the car is sitting a long time... The self Test will make sure things are working and a Large leak is not present, but never the Small and very small leak..

As far as which manufactor, I will have to say about 90% from 2006 and present are able to be done with Snappy... But dont quite me on this..

Comment

• Steve6911
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MCurtis
        What I have come to see none of the scan tools will run a monitor test because that would take a lot of time...
        This is incorrect, if the Manufacturer has a test that will run the monitor Snap-on scanners will do it, GM, Hyundai, Audi, Volkswagen

Comment

Working...