Sparkplug Tube on a 3.5L Nissan Success!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Sparkplug Tube on a 3.5L Nissan Success!

I had oil getting in the middle spark plug hole that appeared to have the leak source at the bottom of the sparkplug tube. I managed to create an improvised puller to remove the spark plug tube. I drove the new sparkplug tube in with a little grey Honda Bond RTV around bottom using a hammer with an adapter from a small bushing driver set wrapped with several layers of electrical tape to keep it centered at top of spark plug tube. Surprised no one had any Sparkplug tube removal tips, so here you guys go. The removal of tube can be viewed from link below
    Attached Files
  • Crusty
    • Dec 2007

Good thinking. Pullers & pushers, threads and directional forces.
    Some will say "that's not the factory way", but it worked.

Comment

• crackerclicker
      • May 2008

"Snap On ain't allowed to sell it." That's funny

Good job, Wits, but next time please don't make the vid upside down.

PS: I need to check if GM ever decided to make the tubes available for their 3.6L HF engine. This would work wonders.

Comment

• Witsend
        Banned
        • Nov 2012

Sorry about the filming going upside down. Guess I'm just lucky the cam caps do happen to line up with the spark plug tubes on this application and the tubes aren't very long and too high ,otherwise there would have been nothing to rest the pitman arm puller against and also be able to straddle it above the spark plug tube without further jury rigging.

Comment

Working...