X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jay G.
    Administrator
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Dunkar
    Hi thanks for your response however up dating my AU Import Software is not really the original question.

I want to buy a Brand New Snap on machine and my question is......

Can I get separate Asian Import Software as well as UK market software on the machine?

Being told by Snap On people to download SSC and go figure it out myself is not really an answer. I was diverted to this forum from the Snap On website which says it is a Product Forum. Excuse my frustration in believing this was the place for such a simple question.

If people don't know then they should just say so.

I work importing Jap cars to Uk and my 14.4 Modis has not even got Nissan Skyline in product list for any year let alone the different engine variants they come in.
    Hi Dunkar,
    Can I get separate Asian Import Software as well as UK market software on the machine?. When purchasing a new scan tool it only comes with software that is for the region it is sold in. JoeRappa is correct, the Australia software update is the only one that has all 3 regions (US, AU, UK) and you can only get it in Australia.

Being told by Snap On people to download SSC and go figure it out myself. I'm not sure who mentioned this to you but it is false. SSC is only used to send out service releases no updates. I will have to confirm with my UK counterpart to see if SSC provides service releases to our UK customers.

I work importing Jap cars to Uk and my 14.4 Modis has not even got Nissan Skyline in product list for any year let alone the different engine variants they come in.. Can you clarify, are you importing the Nissan Skyline into the UK or are you saying that the Nissan Skyline is sold in the UK and the software doesn't support it?

Regards
    Jay

Comment

• Dunkar
      • Feb 2015

Hi thanks every one for your replies.

Jay. I'm talking about Japanese model cars privately imported into UK. Not ones sold new in UK. There are quite a few of them now. There are lots of other models this is only one example. S15 Silvia is another one. Imports are a very very big market.

I don't really understand why these software packages are not avail around the world as surly it means more income for Snap On if they were. Its not really that hard to send files of such nature via the internet. People do it all day. I'm willing to pay.

I suppose I could always use an IP changer and try to download it from SSC AU but that just seems really silly to me

Other than that I will have to continue with my Launch till they get their **** together!

Once again Many Thanks for all the help

PS, Maven. I think Snap On need to clarify the fact this site is not run by them on their web site prior to sending people here, they do describe it as THEIR Product Forum
      Last edited by Dunkar; 02-17-2015, 01:23 PM.

Comment

• Jay G.
        Administrator
        • Dec 2006

I'm talking about Japanese model cars privately imported into UK. Not ones sold new in UK. There are quite a few of them now. Its a very very big market. I understand, Have you asked your dealer if it is possible to purchase from him the Australia build?

I suppose I could always use an IP changer and try to download it from SSC AU but that just seems really silly to me. Not possible, we do not update software bundles through SSC, only service releases.

I think Snap On need to clarify the fact this site is not run by them on their web site prior to sending people here, they do describe it as THEIR Product Forum We monitor the site but it's mostly moderated by the community.

Comment

• Dunkar
          • Feb 2015

Thanks for the reply,

My dealer has been great, he was not aware of different country platforms. He was the one who pointed me to the web site and forums etc. He is making enquiries also for me.

I think this is something Snap On should make available worldwide it cant be that hard. Or allow us to order it on a CF card and post it over or something.

My AU Solus Pro is 13.4 so it will suffice for the next 12 months or so. It is a long way to go just to buy a new one.

Thanks again

Comment

• sbreland73
            • Jan 2009

I think this is something Snap On should make available worldwide it cant be that hard. Or allow us to order it on a CF card and post it over or something.

Thanks again
            It is common business practice to offer products at various prices depending a region or market sold. Example: the Autel DS708 is sold worldwide, but you CAN NOT change the language in the tool. I speak and read only English, so a unit sold in Japan would be of no use to me. So Autel can charge North America one price, and Japan something else. So it really is not about if one can or cannot offer software around the world, it is about how much revenue can it generate in a given market. HTH
            S. Breland

Comment

• Witsend
              Banned
              • Nov 2012

It is common business practice to offer products at various prices depending a region or market sold. Example: the Autel DS708 is sold worldwide, but you CAN NOT change the language in the tool. I speak and read only English, so a unit sold in Japan would be of no use to me. So Autel can charge North America one price, and Japan something else. So it really is not about if one can or cannot offer software around the world, it is about how much revenue can it generate in a given market. HTH
              I think the Software in the 708 might be redundant and Globalized so you can select a language (at least basic tool screen selections) I didn't ever try to use the tool in another language before, so I can't say with certainty, that the software card would include redundant car diagnostic software in that language too.
              I know that the diagnostic software in it it takes up at least 4GB of space , so if SO software in USA takes up 512mb-1gb , I would suspect the 4-8 times the size of the information of files on the DS is due to redundancy of having it in multiple languages as well as Chinese coverage, and other region makes and models you are not likely to ever see in the USA.
              Deiter, Swen, Rosario, Pierre, Juan, and Min , please just set it back to English when you're done with it, Thanks
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Witsend; 02-18-2015, 09:34 AM.

Comment

• Dunkar
                • Feb 2015

Hi sbreland73. That's all well and good but in case you didn't know Australia speak English and they have the import software. They even drive on the same side of the road.

Also I'm not complaining about the cost I have said I will pay. I'm suggesting they sell a current software package that they have already designed and made that is available in English, in England.

If they cant do it then fair enough but at least I've started a dialog on the issue and brought it their attention. if they don't want to make it available or want me to buy it that's their choice.

I'm just a customer with a genuine query and a suggestion for them to improve their coverage and make more money.

Comment

• sbreland73
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Witsend
                  I think the Software in the 708 might be redundant and Globalized so you can select a language (at least basic tool screen selections) I didn't ever try to use the tool in another language before, so I can't say the software card would include the car diagnostic software in that language too.
                  Try selecting another language other than the British English, and see what it tells you.....................

Also, my unit does not have the "China" option, so you may have an earlier, more updated, cloned, or as you say "global" version. Most images I see on the net of this tool just have USA, Europe, Asia as the market choices.
                  S. Breland

Comment

• sbreland73
                    • Jan 2009

Hi sbreland73. That's all well and good but in case you didn't know Australia speak English and they have the import software. They even drive on the same side of the road.

Also I'm not complaining about the cost I have said I will pay. I'm suggesting they sell a current software package that they have already designed and made that is available in English, in England.
                    I understand Australia speaks English, my example was about different global markets, and how companies use that to their advantage.
                    S. Breland

Comment

• maven
                      • Mar 2014

Have you tried contacting an Australian SnapOn distributor to see if he/she will sell you the AU software? Its just a MicroSD card, its easily/safely sent in the post.

Comment

• Dunkar
                        • Feb 2015

Thanks, That's my next step. I was just trying this way first. I can always go on holiday there and get one to. That what I did with my Solus. I also keep and eye out on ebay.Au etc and ask if they will post overseas. New Zealand has the same software also

Comment

• Jay G.
                          Administrator
                          • Dec 2006

If they cant do it then fair enough but at least I've started a dialog on the issue and brought it their attention. if they don't want to make it available or want me to buy it that's their choice.

I'm just a customer with a genuine query and a suggestion for them to improve their coverage and make more money.
                          I'm checking with the sales and marketing folks to see if we have a process in place that will help you. Can you PM me your dealers name in case i need to contact him.

Comment

• Witsend
                            Banned
                            • Nov 2012

Try selecting another language other than the British English, and see what it tells you.....................

Also, my unit does not have the "China" option, so you may have an earlier, more updated, cloned, or as you say "global" version. Most images I see on the net of this tool just have USA, Europe, Asia as the market choices.
                            My 708 that I purchased from Amazon in August 2013 included Chinese coverage and I updated all makes by PC and USB card reader through August of 2014 when the 12 month period elapsed. I'm able to type in and go to websites with the tool, will display sites images and text but forget about any streaming video ,it has no usable USB port, no speakers and web pages load like you have Dial Up. It prints ok wire lessly which I find useful as long as my PC is awake.
                            Tried selecting Espanol and message popped up saying this language is not authorized, Ahhhhh Sooooo! It looks like the language cannot be simply switched on the fly.
                            Last edited by Witsend; 02-18-2015, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• wagzilla
                              • Oct 2014

Thanks for the reply,

My dealer has been great, he was not aware of different country platforms. He was the one who pointed me to the web site and forums etc. He is making enquiries also for me.

My AU Solus Pro is 13.4 so it will suffice for the next 12 months or so. It is a long way to go just to buy a new one.

Thanks again
                              I feel your pain I have a 1998 Nissan skyline and I have the same problem, I was told I can't have both, So I have been working with Nissan obd I 1998 240 sx and getting my information and I going to hook up to my friends maxi das and see if the pids are the same????

James

Comment

• Dunkar
                                • Feb 2015

Hi Jay, thanks for looking into this. There is no need to give you my dealers name. The out come is either Snap On can do this or they can't.

Just to clarify as James above has just said (and he in the US). There are lots of Jap/Asian car models missing from the UK software. We understand that it is never possible to have every one on one tool but the South Pacific Asian Import software will easily fill a lot of them holes.

Many Thanks

Comment

Working...