Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dlstephens74
    • Jun 2015

Pro link ultra maxxforce new updated software

Has anybody gotten info on the new version of maxxforce program I clicked on a link for manage updates and it downloaded the new version and set it with 10 free uses and wiped the old version off my unit tried looking on line at snap on for new version and Nexiq as well but no info available need to get full version because I use the unit daily
  • Joe Rappa
    Snap-on DSD
    • Aug 2007

Are you talking about the difference between V2 and V3 Maxxforce? If so, a bunch of new Calibration info was added. Service Interval resets. Hydraulic Governir settings, and a Functional Test or two. Most importNt to me was the DPF reaplcement Calibration was added for when you went past a level 3 regent and got the Replace DPF Code, SPN 3936, FMI 0. If you want to fix the truck yourself after getting to this level of failed regen, then you have to have this test to avoid sending it to the Dealer.
    The Maxxforce body coverage is strictly Codes and Data. There's lots of data available, but no functional tests or ability to assign addresses to replacement components.

Also,after you burn up your 10 free trials, you can always roll back to your original version. If you have trouble figuring it out, give tech support a call. They can walk you through it. The number is in the back of the tool.
    Joe
    "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
    Henry Ford

Comment

• Dlstephens74
      • Jun 2015

Thanks joe did not realize we could go back to older version after the new one was put on the unit . Was told when my old prolink iq updated to the version 2 of the cat program I was stuck because the product registration number was a one time only use and I couldn't reload on the system . So I assumed the ultra was the same way . Is there an upgrade version available to complete the change over or is it a complete new program

Comment

• Joe Rappa
        Snap-on DSD
        • Aug 2007

Here's how you do it.

Get connected to the internet.
        Go to the Admin Menu
        Click "Install Updates" to download the latest versions of everything.
        Restart the Ultra.

Click this link to download a quick Powerpoint showing you how to do this.

Follow the directions. If you have trouble, call Tech Support.

Joe
        Henry Ford

Comment

• Joe Rappa
          Snap-on DSD
          • Aug 2007

I just remembered.....Maxxforce 3 add functional tests for the DEF system as well.

Joe
          Henry Ford

Comment

• Dlstephens74
            • Jun 2015

Joe I appreciate all the information you have given I am letting everyone I know who uses any of the snap on scan tools of this site I wish I would have found it sooner . Thanks again

Daniel Stephens

Comment

• Joe Rappa
              Snap-on DSD
              • Aug 2007

No problem Daniel. I see Snap-on just added the Pro Link Ultra training videos to their website. I haven't had a chance to watch them yet.

Henry Ford

Comment

Working...