X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spikefromnyc
    • Jun 2016

"Red" Adapters For The Solus Pro!

Hi Guys;

I would like to buy "Red" OBD-II Dom/Imp Adapters for my SolusPro, however, when I contact the Sales Department they are only providing me with "MT2500" parts numbers (which are for the "Black Adapters" that fit that Old Brick!)[See Attachment]

On the Snap-On Store, the parts numbers for the OBD-II "Red" Adapters begin with "EAA****" https://store.snapon.com/SearchResul...Tool%20Catalog Yet, are Not sold by the "Set" (Set for OBD-II OBD-II 12 DOM/IMP Adapters list for $330) and the Sales Reps need "Parts Numbers"....in order to know exactly what I need to purchase

Can anyone help with finding the Parts Number...for a set of OBD-II "RED" Adapters (12) that fit the SolusPro

Thanks for listening~~
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Spikefromnyc; 08-13-2016, 01:52 PM.
  • crackerclicker
    • May 2008

Out of curiosity, do you want the red ones just for looks? You do know the black ones work just fine, right?

Comment

• sbreland73
      • Jan 2009

The red ones have a design upgrade to carry more current for the Verus/Verdict platforms, which your Solus does not require.
      S. Breland

Comment

• Wheel
        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by sbreland73
        The red ones have a design upgrade to carry more current for the Verus/Verdict platforms, which your Solus does not require.
        someone correct me if I am wrong, but the red connectors are only required by the original Verus and not by any of the wireless platforms, right?
        You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• sbreland73
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Wheel
          someone correct me if I am wrong, but the red connectors are only required by the original Verus and not by any of the wireless platforms, right?
          Yes Tim, that is correct. The wireless versions only have to power the actual scan module, not the whole unit AND charge the battery.
          S. Breland

Comment

• Wheel
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by sbreland73
            Yes Tim, that is correct. The wireless versions only have to power the actual scan module, not the whole unit AND charge the battery.
            Good information - thanks.
            You can expect the reputation of your business to be no better than the cheapest item or service you are willing to sell. - Wheel

Comment

• Spikefromnyc
              • Jun 2016

Gentlemen...

First, Thank You Very Much for the replies regarding the RED Adapters for the Solus Pro....

And the answer about me wanting the "Looks", to match the color of the Solus...and I would have to say: "Didn't it come originally WITH Red Adapters?"

Since there are no longer any pictures of the "Original Set" or even a "mention" of being able to buy the SolusPro anymore (on Snap-On Website)....how would I know what "Color" the Adapters were, in the first place, because I bought my 12.4 version of this Scanner WITHOUT any Adapters from Ebay!

...thus, the reason for me starting this Thread

Well, Thanks Anyway....for the replies~!

Spike~~

Comment

• Witsend
                Banned
                • Nov 2012

16.2 is last chance to feed the machine

You only have a a very small window of time left to update the Solus Pro for the last time or it will have to remain at 12.4 forever. Snap On won't sell the Final 16.2 update after 16.4 gets released. Hope you bought it real cheap and just plan to use it for old cars.
                Last edited by Witsend; 08-18-2016, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• Joe Rappa
                  Snap-on DSD
                  • Aug 2007

Modis support ends with 16.2.
                  Solus Pro ends at 16.4, so he hill have until March to update it.

If you want high amp adapters for your solus pro, look up the ones for the original Verus. They are red.

https://snapon.app.box.com/s/6a9iku4...xkpilzmn0u023s Page 110.

Joe
                  Last edited by Joe Rappa; 08-18-2016, 07:43 AM.
                  "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
                  Henry Ford

Comment

• crackerclicker
                    • May 2008

I don't remember what color the original adapters were, but I do remember it was the Verus that brought on the red adapters. Only the original Verus was required to use them, so you can get whatever set of whatever color you want. Knock yourself out.

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
                      • Jan 2015

Red adaptors

Hi, not to burst anybodies " bubble " and allowing for the age on this thread, ' but ' I have a Modis, and believe it or not, this has red adaptors too ������
                      Plus, the Modis actually came out before ( well before ) the Verus was released.

Comment

• crackerclicker
                        • May 2008

Originally posted by kirkbarrow.garage
                        Hi, not to burst anybodies " bubble " and allowing for the age on this thread, ' but ' I have a Modis, and believe it or not, this has red adaptors too ������
                        Plus, the Modis actually came out before ( well before ) the Verus was released.
                        LOL, this is gold. Thanks!

Comment

• kirkbarrow.garage
                          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by crackerclicker
                          LOL, this is gold. Thanks!
                          You are more than welcome 😊😊😊

Comment

Working...