Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • duck1don
    • Mar 2019

solus pro no communation with truck

Hi I have a solus pro with 14.4 I bought on ebay came without cables I bought the europen cables,got them hooked it up no communation had cf card resinstalled than connected it to recovery done 5 downloads set of 1 threw 5 said complete still no communation still no,don,t know maby got bad cables, anybody help pleas thank you.
  • Witsend
    Banned
    • Nov 2012

Use a DVOM, inspect and test all the pins from one end of cable to the other with cable removed from scanner.

Comment

• duck1don
      • Mar 2019

check cable had ress,on 1 pin 0.5 everything else nothing on extension cable

Comment

• tech25
        • Oct 2017

i cant follow what you are saying.

how did you test the cable???

are there any keys in the cable???

are you sure theres nothing wrong with the car??

Comment

• Joe Rappa
          Snap-on DSD
          • Aug 2007

1st, try it on a different car. If it still doesn't communicate, then it could be:
          A bad scanner
          A bad cable
          A bad connector
          A bad key

The only way to know for sure is to try substituting parts. I know that probably not easy when you don't have a dealer, or someone to swap cables with, but that's the procedure.

Joe
          "You don't build a reputation on what you're going to do"
          Henry Ford

Comment

• duck1don
            • Mar 2019

I tested the cable ohmed it out with a clip and from one end to the other had res on num.4 pin on bottom im guessing that's the power pin,i checked it on my gmc serria 2005 z-71 crew cab 5.3 says no key needed.

Comment

• duck1don
              • Mar 2019

the reason I bought the scanner,was to check myself instead of taking to dealer,im a retired maints. tech for a injection molding plant here in Williamsburg ky.my trucks fog lights isn,t working as of last fall my cab light stopped working and my dome light dosnt work in front with truck started so im guessing body mod,was gonna use scanner to turn them on an off, but didn,t comm.

Comment

Working...